Responsible for designing and updating the electronic facility and maintenance information systems, report preparation, data analysis, and system architecture design/maintenance.
- Design and perform edits in electronic facility and maintenance information systems including GE Smallworld, ESRI ArcGIS Desktop Applications & AutoCAD.
- Perform QA/QC on as-built designs and construction projects to ensure accuracy in the GIS electric model.
- Responsible for the daily input and editing of Entergy’s as-built electric distribution GIS model.
- Maintain on-going spatial data maintenance and dissemination, end user support and generation of maps and other GIS reports utilizing ArcGIS, GE Smallworld, and other applications as needed.
- Preparation of regular status reports, highlighting GIS issues requiring attention.
- Prepare reports and data analysis.
- Perform records management activities.
- Lead in the training of other employees to effectively navigate and edit within GIS.
- Perform Field walk downs to identify subsurface conflicts and perform facility validation.
- Support engineering, construction, maintenance, conflict resolution and damage prevention activities.
- Assist with planning and implementation of data conversion and data migration activities.
- Assist with distribution facility design.
- Perform storm/outage restoration assistance.
Minimum education required of the position
2 year technology or Bachelor’s degree in geography, geosciences, computer science or related field (or equivalent work experience).
Minimum experience required of the position
2 years of experience using GE Small World, ESRI ArcGIS and/or vector/raster rendering systems (or equivalent academic experience).
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position
- Experience using ESRI ArcGIS, GE Small World, and/or vector/raster rendering systems. Be able to provide technical expertise related specifically to asset management
- Candidate must possess skills, knowledge and be proficient in GIS. Have understanding of
- Coordinate Systems and geography. Possess skills in computer programming (Python, SQL), imaging and multimedia. Have solid background in PC applications, networking and databases.
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Word, Access, Excel. Problem solving skills and ability to troubleshoot under pressure. Possess strong communication skills including effectively interfacing with all levels of management and employees. Have excellent communication and interpersonal, budgeting, work planning, employee counseling/coaching/mentoring skills
Be adaptable to both field and office environments. Be available for late hours, callouts, weekends, outage restoration. Be available to assist with gas or electric restoration efforts during emergency situations. Have ability to perform as lead on GIS/data research projects.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.