- This is a direct position in GIS data enhancement and maintenance using ESRI and custom GIS software.
- Evaluate, edit, and check street centerline, hydrography, and other data layers (graphics and attributes), using custom map production tools.
- Using computer software will include revisions and edits of GIS drawings and files. Edits made according to the instructions provided by the supervisors.
- Additions or deletions of highlighted boundary or shape files
- Reading instruction provided with the shape files
- Reshaping road layers that should not be over lapping with the Hydro layers
- Maintaining live spatial data in a secured environment.
- Editing, modifying, and creating various data layers.
- Will maintain daily production schedule and work with customized data automation tools and procedures
4700 SILVER HILL RD, SUITLAND-MD045
- Experience with ArcGIS (workstation and desktop); Arc View, AutoCAD Map.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Some knowledge of civil engineering, cartography surveying and drafting.
- Experience with ArcSDE, ArcIMS, Cartography, Imagery, and understanding of Databases.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Ability to share GIS knowledge with other team members.
- Bachelor's degree in Geography or related field.
- 1+ years of experience; internship in geospatial field.
ASRC Federal and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.