GIS Tech with oil and gas land experience needed.
Compensation: Depending on Experience
Please send resumes to email@example.com. No calls please.
Summary of Responsibilities, Essential Duties & Expectations:
The GIS Tech is generally responsible, as directed by GIS/land/acquisition/engineering staff, to assist with mapping, review, and cursory regulatory research primarily related to unit size and boundaries as they pertain to potential acquisition opportunities. This candidate should be familiar with GIS mapping, well research, and basic land related terms. This is full time position based in Houston, Texas, but may require occasional travel.
Candidate will be responsible for:
- Communication between various intra company departments regarding the mapping of potential acquisition opportunities.
- Ability to clearly and concisely present issues, findings and recommendations to GIS/land/acquisition/engineering staff.
- Furnish detailed maps, summaries and reports GIS/land/acquisition/engineering staff teams as requested.
- Ability to conduct cursory regulatory research related to unit boundaries and size in acres.
- Prepare and review drafts of legal documents such as Mineral & Royalty Warranty Deeds, Oil & Gas Leases, Ratifications, Unit Declarations, Closing Statements, etc., ensuring that they are sufficient in their content and purposes and valid by the laws of the state in which they are to be recorded.
- Basic understanding of NRI calculations is a plus.
- Basic understanding of pooling and regulatory matters, primarily in Texas, is a plus.
Qualifications (Experience, Competencies, Skills, Education):
Candidate must have:
- 3-7 years of experience working with a land department to accurately map and present requested maps and reports.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Geography/GIS/Urban Planning/Computer Science or Engineering; OR any 4-year degree in combination with a University GIS Certification; OR 5+ years of applicable experience
- ArcMap 10 experience required
- QGIS experience a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Strong attention to detail, high level of accuracy and good planning and organizational skills.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.