This position will be a part-time, as needed position, with the candidate reporting to management in our Charlotte, NC office.
Overall Responsibility: Responsible for design, development, and implementation of Enterprise GIS system architecture to support client side, and internal infrastructure configurations. Technologies span the entire ArcGIS Enterprise stack including ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Server and ArcSDE employing Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure IaaS.
- Involved with client infrastructure review and recommendations based on defined requirements
- Develop system architectural designs which leverage AWS or Microsoft Azure
- Installation of ArcGIS Enterprise stack
- Data access integration through Active Directory
- Development of raster tile cache basemap services
- Publishing enterprise datasets to support web application and mobile data collection
- Provide subject matter expertise across many teams within Arora
- Facilitate communication through all levels of staff by functioning as liaison between internal staff, senior management, and external clients
- Will be responsible for communicating/documenting architecture-based risks
- Stay abreast of technology trends and industry best practices to hone and maintain their skills
- Support the delivery team in addressing customer issues
- Participate in the creation of technical demos, briefings, and oral presentations materials.
- Develops and manages scripts for data analysis and systems integration
- Secondary Responsibilities:
- Create strategies for developing unique and distinct win themes to address business challenges and opportunities
- Provide knowledge transfer to educate colleagues in support of project objectives
- Performs related work as required
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in geography, urban planning, geographic information systems, or related field.
- 20 years or more experience in utilizing GIS systems software in support of government/aviation industries.
- OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven ability to design and implement web services in a RESTful manner, along with understanding our broader service-oriented architectures
- Must be a self-starter and able to work well with others in a fast-paced agile environment with an emphasis on collaborating and assisting the team to meet business objectives
- Able to use tools such as JIRA, Git, etc. preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse range of people with a variety of skills, experience, and personalities
- Excellent time management and organization skills, handling multiple simultaneous projects with stringent deadlines
- Experience with GIS software systems specifically ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Desktop, and other ESRI extensions
- Experience developing custom scripts for GIS data management and analysis
- Experience customizing web maps and applications using ArcGIS Online for Organizations and/or Portal for ArcGIS
- Experience managing spatial data concepts, projections systems, geo-databases, topology and relational databases
- Ability to create high-quality graphic products
- Organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate complex technical information to non-technical audiences both orally and in writing
- GISP certification or the desire to earn GISP certification is a plus
- Possesses appropriate paperwork to demonstrate legal right to work in United States as a full-time, regular employee
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.