Our GIS Systems Analyst -Varies is a technical resource with a strong background in management and implementation of TECO’s operations and control solutions. They provide technical and strategic guidance to ensure that implementation of solutions deliver reliable performance and meet the business needs of TECO. They collaborate on all phases of the software development life-cycle (SDLC) and utilize appropriate development tools and technologies in keeping with our IT architecture.
More specifically, the GIS Systems Analyst:
- Develops complex software based on specifications provided. Collaborates with Business Systems Analysts and/or Business Partners to develop software specifications.
- Implements software packages for which in-depth configuration and integration is required; drives substantial interaction with vendor resources.
- Integrates applications with complex interfaces based on specifications provided.
- Provides 24x7 primary and/or secondary support for one or more applications classified as niche, core, or mission critical.
- Supports the request and analysis phases of SDLC by producing required documentation and estimates; reviews deliverables produced by junior staff.
- Executes the design, development, and implementation phases of SDLC by producing the prescribed deliverables; reviews deliverables produced by junior staff.
- Participates on an Application Development and Support team as well as project teams under the direction of their manager or project managers. May function as Technical Lead on any project.
- Acquires and maintains knowledge of business areas relevant to projects and application support assignments.
- Acquires and maintains appropriate technical skills and mentors junior staff. Participates in developing and driving standard practices within their team.
Education, Licenses & Certifications
Bachelor’s degree in Information/Computer Science, Business Administration, Engineering, Mathematics, Information Systems, or equivalent discipline from an institution accredited by the Commissions on Colleges.
At least one professional certification in specific job-related disciplines.
Required for Systems Analyst:
- 2+ years of experience in systems analysis, design, and development.
- Required for Senior Systems Analyst:
- 6+ years of experience in systems analysis, design, and development.
- ESRI ArcGIS
- C# .NET Framework and Visual Studio development environments
- SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
- High-level Solution and System Architecture
- Development and Design of ETL process to migrate data between dissimilar systems
- Process and Data Flow Analysis
- Business and Technology Gap Analysis
- Detailed design and system interface documents
- Oracle DBMS
- SAP Utilities Model
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Crystal Reports
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong knowledge of business software applications and hardware technologies. Stays current with IT industry trends and emerging technologies; suggests application of new technologies when appropriate.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, and interpersonal skills. Frequently presents information to their team and department.
- Demonstrate knowledge of fundamental concepts of (SQL, C#, VB.net) programming languages and use of developer tools such as (PL/SQL Developer, SQL Server Management Studio, Microsoft Visual Studio).
- Understands project plans and able to clearly articulate their role, project goals, and timelines.
- Develops project plans for small projects; partners with Project Managers to develop project plans for large projects.
- Creates and reviews technical design specifications and possesses knowledge of development tools and technologies in support of the Information Technology Architecture.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite.
- Knowledge of electric and/or gas utility operations and controls.
- Experience with Enterprise Asset Management (AEM) systems
- Experience with support and integration of GIS (ESRI) and/or work-order management systems.
- Experience with support and implementation of mobile field solutions.
- Builds Strong, Collaborative Relationships
- Cultivates Innovation and Embraces Change
- Drives Operations Excellence for Customers
- Takes Ownership & Acts with Integrity
- Thinks Strategically & Exercises Sound Judgement
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.