Provides technical expertise, support, and functional management for spatially enabled databases and server based Geographic Information Systems (GIS). Performs technical administration, installation, configuration, maintenance, update, and optimization of GIS infrastructure. Provides quality assurance and manages GIS infrastructure content and security. Participates in the long-term development and enhancement of GIS information technology to meet GIS Team and Information Technology Department goals.
- Installs, configures, and maintains GIS server based software;
- Designs, optimizes, and maintains spatially enabled databases;
- Collaborates and works closely with GIS and IT personnel to provide solutions;
- Provides training and technical advice to users;
- Provides input into long-term county strategies;
- Develops project plans and coordinates with management to implement GIS infrastructure projects;
- Works with IT staff to troubleshoot and resolve GIS related hardware and software issues;
- Conducts advanced research into emerging technologies and works with vendors, consultants and other resources to determine capability of products;
- Evaluates, advises, and implements quality control standards and maintenance procedures for geographic information system databases and infrastructure.
- Assists with security and data access-related procedures;
- Performs related functions as required.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Computer Science, GIS, Geography or a related field; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- At least three years of experience
- At least three years of experience in GIS infrastructure administration and support;
- Knowledge of SQL Server;
- Advanced knowledge of Server for ArcGIS, Portal for ArcGIS;
- Advanced knowledge of ArcSDE and SQL Server based spatial data technologies;
- Experience with ArcGIS Online content administration and user management;
- Knowledge and understanding of SAML single sign-on and production/test environment best practices;
- Knowledge and basic understanding of web based technologies including high availability architecture, shared configuration, web adaptor setup and REST framework;
- Knowledge and basic understanding of scripting principles;
- Ability to communicate complex technical information in an understandable, non-technical fashion;
- Ability to work productively both independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions and present ideas logically and effectively;
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
- Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment and the employee in this class is subject to inside environmental conditions;
- May be required to lift up to 20 lbs.;
- Requires frequent repetitive movement of the wrists, hands, and fingers.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.