Henkels & McCoy. Inc. (H&M) is a privately held, leading utility construction firm providing critical infrastructure for the Power, Communications, Oil & Gas Pipeline, and Gas Distribution markets throughout North America. Founded in 1923, H&M brings yesterday’s experience to the evolving infrastructure needs of today. We consistently rank in the top ten of Engineering News-Record’s Specialty Contractors and have been recognized with an E.I. DuPont Safety Excellence Award for our safety performance. H&M is also a founding member of the ET&D Partnership, a collaborative industry partnership working to reduce fatalities, injuries, and illnesses in the electric line construction industry.
H&M is seeking to employ a GIS Supervisor to support the Engineering, Construction, and Project Management of the current project. The GIS Supervisor will be responsible, but not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Supervise a highly technical team.
- Overall responsibility for availability, performance, efficiency, planning for GIS applications in the local area market
- Administer, troubleshoot, and maintain GIS applications
- Provide project management and lead oversight to GIS aspect of telecommunications projects.
- Support day-to-day operations, including resolution of individual user issues and requests.
- Support identification and collection of metrics and performance reporting processes
- Coordinate with cross functional teams and/or vendors to execute system patches, upgrades and scheduled maintenance
- Manage individual workload and deliver to agreed upon milestones
- Demonstrate ability to work in team environment and help resolve issues
- Provide input to staffing plans at the project-level to identify key / required skill
- Build strong working relationships with clients and contractors
- Responsible for automation of tasks
- Manage and convert data into industry data formats (.gdb, .shp, .kmz, .dwg, etc.).
- Learn and utilize the 3-GIS application for design and engineering management.
- Use QA/QC tools to validate field data for accuracy and completeness.
- Plot maps to support engineering and construction workflows.
- Use GIS tools to maximize project efficiency and productivity.
- Review redline and outside plant network components.
- Communicate clearly with field crews and office personnel.
- Work safely in manner that is consistent with company values and policies.
- Work effectively in a team environment and open office environment.
- Maintain source integrity and communicate shortcomings.
- Be punctual for daily start time and meetings.
- Ability to work in the field upon request.
- 2-year degree or technical program, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years of consistent ESRI experience (ArcMap, ArcGIS Pro, Arc Catalog, ArcGIS Online).
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Proficient in Google Earth.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field(s)
- Experience in telecommunication or other utility industry.
- Experience with SQL and/or Python scripting languages.
- Experience with 3-GIS in a project-based format.
- Experience with Autodesk AutoCAD software.
Understanding of local and state governmental rules/regulations associated with permit requirements.
Henkels & McCoy, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.