The City of Henderson announces an examination to create an eligibility list and to fill one (1) vacancy for the classification of GIS Specialist in the Department of Utility Services. The eligibility list may be utilized to fill vacancies for this classification for up to one (1) year.
Under limited supervision, performs highly technical work related to the design, develop, support, and implementation of Geographic Information Systems GIS applications in support of the assigned department; performs related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in GIS/Geography, Information Systems, Computer Science, or a closely related field
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in the analysis, planning, design, installation, verification, and operation of GIS applications
- Note: An equivalent combination of related training and experience may be considered
Possess and maintain a valid Nevada or "border state" driver's license, as defined by NRS 483
- Must pass a nationwide fingerprint-based record check, and a wants/warrants check
- Must complete Security Awareness and National Crime Information Center (NCIC)/Nevada Criminal Justice Information System (NCJIS) certification within six months of hire/transfer and be recertified every two years. Must maintain certifications in NCIC/NCJIS as a condition of continued employment
- Desirable: Certification as a Geographic Information Systems Professional (GISP)
- Desirable: Certification as an Esri Web Application Developer Associate
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.