Interested individuals should apply online and attach a resume and detailed cover letter expressing interest no later than December 6, 2020. Post offer drug screen and background check required.
To advance in the hiring process, you must pass a civil service exam to be administered to all qualified applicants - dates TBD. Additional information will be emailed following submittal of your application.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Administer the city's GIS content management system.
- Develop and maintain GIS web maps.
- Develop and maintain GIS web applications.
- Develop and maintain desktop GIS maps.
- Develop and maintain printed maps.
- Geospatial data entry.
- Deploy and update GIS client software.
- Deploy and update GNSS hardware.
- Develop, document and maintain standard operating procedures for data collection and content management.
- Provide ESRI software support to city staff.
- Assist in the administration of the city's database management systems.
- Assist in the administration of the city's GIS server.
- Assist in the designing of the city's spatiotemporal relational database.
- Assist in the extraction, transformation, and loading of data from other databases into the GIS.
Entry Requirements and Skills
- Graduation from a technical school, accredited college or university with a minimum associate's degree and three years' work experience in supporting GIS.
- Knowledge of standard office procedures and equipment and ability to operate a computer.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions; interpret trade and technical journals, as well as departmental policies and routines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with fellow workers, vendors, and the public.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing in the English language.
- Proficiency in GIS technologies such as ArcMap, ArcCatalog, ArcReader, ArcGIS Pro, QGIS, ArcGIS Enterprise Server, and GeoServer.
- Proficiency in SQL and Python programming.
- Desire proficiency in development technologies such as Git, Flyway, Docker, SSMS, Azure Data Studio, Visual Studio, and psql.
- Works in office and non-office environments.
- Performs physical labor moving and installing computer equipment and networking components.
- Musts keep regular and reliable attendance at work.
- Must be sighted.
- Must be able to hear a normal conversation.
- Must be able to speak clearly at normal rate of conversation.
- Must be able to lift computers, monitors, printers, and related computer components.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.