The Transportation Planning Division is seeking a motivated and organized self-starter to fill the role of Complete Streets/GIS Specialist. This position is responsible for implementing the Pedestrian Safety Action Plan and developing an education and outreach campaign.
- The Pedestrian Safety Action Plan was developed as part of the Town’s participation on the Road to Zero program. The successful candidate will gain valuable transportation planning experience and receive professional oversight from transportation planning professionals.
- This is a grant funded, temporary position.
- The candidate is expected to work up to 950 hours by September 2021.
- Implement the goals and objectives in the Pedestrian Safety Action Plan
- Use GIS to create databases and maps to support pedestrian safety and other Town initiatives
- Collect, enter, tabulate and analyze demographic and performance data
- Prepare brief memos explaining methodology and findings
- Convene groups of stakeholders (task force) and facilitate effective meetings
- Plan and execute public education and outreach activities
- Assist with quarterly grant reporting and monthly invoicing
- Collaborate with Town departments on pedestrian safety initiatives
- Attend Transportation Planning meetings, and other meetings as appropriate
Model behavior that is consistent with our values of RESPECT (Responsibility, Equity, Safety,
- Professionalism, Ethics, Communications, and Teamwork).
- Other duties as assigned
Master’s degree in Urban Planning, Transportation Planning, GIS, Geography, or related discipline preferred or any combination of education and experience which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of the position. Knowledge in ArcGIS is required, and proficiency with MS Office and Adobe products (including Illustrator and InDesign) is strongly preferred.
This is a grant funded, temporary position. The candidate is expected to work up to 950 hours by September 2021.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.