The GIS Specialist will work on-site at the customer’s facility at Edwards AFB, CA to perform GIS services for the natural and cultural resources management programs per Edwards AFB GIS data standards. The GIS data will include all electronic survey data either in Esri Shapefile format, Esri File GeoDatabase, or in an Esri personal GeoDatabase.
This position will be based on-site at Edwards AFB and does not allow telecommuting due to the need for potential hires to access the government workstation. Due to COVID-19, there are mandatory safety regulations in place that all on-site personnel will need to follow.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Primary duties will focus on natural and cultural resources geospatial deliverables utilizing existing data and newly acquired Global Positioning System (GPS) field survey operations data at locations associated with natural and cultural resources survey activities. Work will include the development of table structure, attributes and domains for the natural and cultural resources data as necessary utilizing existing Spatial Data Standards for Facilities, Infrastructure, and Environment (SDSFIE) definitions of features and predefined attribute table structures or metadata.
Minimum Required Qualifications for Skills, Experience, Education and Credentials include:
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in geography, ecology, GIS, or a related field.
- 3 years of related experience working in the GIS field and applying GIS technology to natural and cultural resources planning projects is an extreme plus or 5 years of working with GIS-based work.
- Hands-on knowledge and experience in the operation of ESRI GIS software, ArcCatalog, Spatial Analyst, TerraSync, GPS Pathfinder, and with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and Access.
- Knowledge in Historic Aerial Georeferencing, Append tool, Pathfinder Office, Trimble Handheld GPS devices, Geometry Advanced Editing, Cartography, Physical and Logical model construction, ArcCatalog, and Cultural and/or Biological knowledge/experience a plus.
- Ability to design and create accurate geodatabases and models and well-designed maps that effectively communicate natural and cultural resources project information.
- Performing QA/QC on submitted data and control of GIS data.
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to staff and other client personnel as required.
- Communicate with the natural and cultural resources management teams in order to coordinate and administer the use of GIS projects and data. Create, refine and analyze GIS data for use in natural and cultural resources management projects.
- Work on multiple projects while managing schedule; ability to multitask, set priorities, and manage workload effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail, technical troubleshooting, creative problem solving, and resourcefulness a must.
- Ability to learn new things quickly.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Upon hiring, the applicant must be able to pass a federal background check required prior to gaining access to unclassified government computer work stations.
- Possession of a prior CAC is preferred. Prior DoD experience is a plus.
Redhorse Corporation shall, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet Redhorse’s changing needs.
This job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in Redhorse’s sole discretion.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.