This is a full-time position performing technical mapping and database up-keep. Accuracy and attention to detail is critical. Employee will perform basic technical GIS related work involving the operation, development, design, preparation, support and deployment of all systems and data. This position requires working with many different departments within the County as well as the public and other municipalities.
Examples of Duties
Assists with collecting, verifying, and entering data to the enterprise database that pertains to roads, structures, street centerlines, and water sources.
- Perform moderate to complex geoprocessing and analysis using GIS applications to create, edit and maintain GIS data layers.
- Develop and maintain data quality, cartographic standards and best practices for GIS.
- Develop and maintain documentation and metadata for geospatial data. Present technical information in an accurate, competent, efficient and professional manner, responding to each individual in accordance with the customer's level of technical sophistication.
- Be technically minded and detail-oriented.
- Succeed as part of a high performing team.
- Thrive in a busy, fast-paced environment.
- Experience performing spatial analysis in an ArcGIS environment.
- Specific demonstrated skills creating ArcGIS online applications and web maps.
- Specific demonstrated skills editing data using ArcGIS.
- Demonstrated skills creating production-quality maps integrating multiple data sets.Ability to adapt to dynamic and unpredictable situations and provide critical thinking and troubleshooting.
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
- Pursues continuing education for technical and professional development.
- Supports the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) when activated as required. Perform related duties as required.
- Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent
- Supplemented by four (4) years progressively responsible experience and/or training in administrative/secretarial support functions, to include highly responsible experience in a support capacity.
- Experience with computer use in a Windows based environment required with the ability to type 45+ correct words per minute.
- Must possess a valid State of Florida Driver's License.
- Familiarity with and enterprise work environment
- Familiarity with Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) desirable
- ESRI experience desirable
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work and learn independently.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.