This newly created position, designed to fill a necessary role within the GIS division, shall performs a variety of intermediate to advanced technical and administrative duties related to the design, implementation and management of the County's Enterprise GIS, focusing on the research and development of applications, workflow improvements, and custom tools.
Duties may include providing GIS-related services to County departments, citizens, and professionals; developing / administering web applications using ArcGIS Online and existing web portals; automating common workflow procedures using Model Builder and Python scripting; preparing documentation to support workflows, procedures, and help files.
Minimum Requirements Include:
- Experience, education, and training equivalent to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or technical school with major course work in geography, computer science, planning, engineering or related field.
- Two (2) to three (3) years of professional experience in geographic information system design.
Knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS software desktop server; geodatabase design, editing, versioning, and management; former experience utilizing ArcGIS Online, and familiarity with ArcGIS Pro; knowledge of ESRI Model Builder and Python scripting; metadata creation and editing; land records, E911 systems and data, relational databases, GPS, SQL server.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications with ability to comprehend, interpret, analyze and document technical procedures clearly and concisely. Ability to read and comprehend county, State, and federal policies, procedures and programs.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and the public.Strong quality and service minded.Ability to work cooperatively in a diverse team and / or independently.Ability to effectively demonstrate applications and projects to a large audience, as well as to assist individual users.
- Valid Commonwealth of Virginia operator's license and acceptable driving record.
Preferred Experience includes:
- Geography / GIS degree
- Work in a local government environment
- Professional and technical certification
Bedford County maintains a safe, drug-free workplace for its employees. Drug screening, driving record check,a criminal background check, and previous employer references are required for all positions as conditions of pre-employment.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.