Examples of Essential Work
This class specification represents only the core areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the needs of the department.
• Provides technical support for GIS administration; identifies and troubleshoots issues; presents or implements solutions.
• Creates, edits, updates, and maintains GIS datasets, including receiving, logging, and tracking communications from other departments on updates and changes.
• Performs testing and quality control measures in support of system solutions, processes and/or technical products.
• Provides technical training and user support; researches questions or processes; provides information, responses and recommendations.
• Documents, prepares and/or updates reports, processes, procedures, workflows, graphics, maps, templates, instructions, logs, web content, and/or other technical documentation.
• Interacts with external vendors for product support or technical information related to technology needs. Provides problem resolution and related support to internal Analysts.
• Manage records and information in any format, in accordance with applicable statutes, regulations and City policy, guidance and records retention schedule.
• Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Associate's degree in Geography, Computer Science or a closely related field and 3 years GIS data development and cartographic experience and may require specific certifications; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
Depending on assignment, some positions may require:
• Valid Driver's License and safe driving record.
• System, network or web administration principles, based on area of assignment;
• Applicable hardware, software and systems, based on area of assignment;
• Database administration principles;
• Positive and effective customer service principles;
• Modern office equipment.
CITY OF HILLSBORO'S CORE VALUES:
Employees at the City of Hillsboro are expected to exemplify the behaviors set forth in our Core Values as follows:
• Excellence in Public Service
• Respect for Diverse Voices and Ideas
• Responsiveness in Customer Service
• Tradition of Reliability
• Stewardship of the Public Trust
• Leadership with Ethics and Integrity
• Culture of Teamwork and Communication
• Emphasis on Innovation
Employees are also expected to promote a positive work environment and to be effective and collaborative team members, while providing responsive municipal services to the citizens of the City of Hillsboro.
ADA AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Positions in this class typically require: stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions with or without reasonable accommodation.
Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work.
Incumbents may be subjected to travel.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.