Valdez International is currently seeking individuals to join an amazing team that provides internal and external customers with exceptional 24x7 customer service support in a flexible environment. To provide these services and solutions, we bring together offerings and capabilities from our employees, systems integration, infrastructure services, maintenance services, and high-end server technology; this along with our leadership, innovation, decisiveness, agility, teamwork and integrity, Valdez International keeps ahead of the curve in a rapidly changing industry. Be part of an amazing team.
- Will work with geospatial development team to test geospatial web applications about 30-50% of the time
- Will work with geospatial development team to perform geospatial business analyst role about 30-50% of the time.
- Will work with geospatial analytic and cartographic team 40% of the time to perform geospatial functions.
- Work with the team located in Lakewood, CO
- Will work with a team for QA/QC of data
- Will help to support the DLTRO’s efforts
- The position will communicate directly with internal Bureau professionals on a day-to-day basis
- Bachelor of Science in natural resources, power utilities, engineering, GIS, or discipline closely related to GIS.
- 2+ years of experience in GIS analysis, or scientific/analytic field.
- 2+ years of experience in surveying or field data collection with GPS technologies.
- Land Title Mapping/legal land definition experience.
- Working knowledge of the Public Land Survey System (PLSS), Geographic Coordinate Database (GCDB), and Cadastral National Spatial Data Infrastructure (CadNSDI).
- Able to assist with our technical help desk regarding inquiries about surveying, PLSS, GCDB, and CadNSDI.
- Experience with ArcGIS software (10.0 or later preferred).
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to speak in public and in training environments.
- Ability to assist in the creation of training courses.
- May require occasional need to travel.
- After the date of hire, a successfully adjudicated Moderate Risk Public Trust (SF 85) federal background check-clearance investigation will be required as a condition of employment.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant geospatial experience
- Specialized Experience: 1 year of experience using ArcGIS and or related tools for data analysis, cartography, and modeling; and using ERDAS Imagine or comparable application for raster analysis and processing
- Relevant experience with Python, AML, VBA, or other scripting/geospatial application development tools;
- Experience using file and enterprise geodatabase systems preferred
- Work with lead to understand the scope, requirements and objectives for analysis of geospatial data, development of cartographic products, and automation of geospatial tasks using geospatial tools such as ESRI ArcGIS, ERDAS Imagine or similar
- Utilize ArcGIS applications and geospatial theory such as coordinate systems, projections, and
- Proficiency with Leica Geosystems (ERDAS) Imagine application and raster data processing preferred
- Must have experience with Python, AML, VBA, or other scripting/GIS application development
- Knowledge with PLSS, GCDB, Legal Land descriptions preferred
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.