About Jonah Energy
Jonah Energy LLC is a privately held, growth-oriented company focused on the acquisition and development of producing oil and natural gas properties located in North America. Jonah Energy is recognized as a proven leader of responsibly producing natural gas and environmental sustainability. Jonah Energy is also the first producer in the United States to achieve IES TrustWell’s Verified Attribute for Low-Methane emissions.
Jonah Energy is currently seeking a Geographic Information Systems ("GIS") Specialist to join our GIS Team in our Denver Office. The GIS Specialist works as part of a small team supporting all aspects of our GIS applications and systems. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an industry-leading company and play a material role in contributing towards our growth and continued success.
The GIS Specialist will work closely with all departments at Jonah Energy in order to engineer spatial solutions to challenges faced by the business. This position is responsible for ArcSDE database maintenance, performing detailed work on land mapping requests, designing web maps in our ArcGIS Portal environment, and maintaining Jonah’s road network for use in field navigation. This position will also contribute to Jonah’s Python and SQL repositories, which maintain an efficient flow of data between business applications and our GIS datasets. The GIS Specialist will be required to work as part of a fast-paced IT team and provide quick turnaround on cartographic production.
- Works closely with business data users from Land, EH&S, Regulatory, Facilities and other business groups to efficiently define their needs and translate these needs into maps and datasets to supplement their analysis and decision-making.
- Create and maintain web maps in Jonah’s Enterprise GIS Environment.
- Cartographic production for departments such as Land, EH&S, Regulatory, and Facilities.
- Work closely with business data users in identifying new opportunities to improve operational workflows by using GIS technologies in innovative ways.
- Maintains the Jonah Energy road network data and builds ArcGIS Navigator mobile map packages for vehicle navigation, including configuration control and release cycle.
- Maintain respectful and productive working relationships within and across all work groups, ensuring effective collaboration and cooperation.
- Create a work environment that is consistent with the company’s Purpose, Vision & Core Values.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned to support the success of the department and company
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Expertise working with ArcGIS Pro and/or ArcMap
- Full understanding of ArcGIS Enterprise systems such as ArcGIS Pro, ArcMap, ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Portal, ArcGIS Online, and mobile apps such as ArcGIS Navigator, ArcGIS Field Maps, and ArcGIS Collector.
- Broad knowledge of database query tools and a general knowledge of SQL.
- Experience with and/or a deep desire to learn GIS development in Python & SQL.
- Significant knowledge, skills, and experience with ESRI Database design & implementation.
- Full proficiency in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, OneNote, Teams, and Excel).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; effectively converse with all levels of the company, customers, business associates
- Professional integrity and accountability
- Work in fast-paced, collaborative environment
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant experience
- Experienced GIS Specialist with 3+ years of experience
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Previous experience in Oil and Gas Exploration & Production
- Previous experience mapping Federal Oil & Gas Leases
- Previous experience with Python, SQL, or other applicable coding languages
- Working in a source-controlled development environment
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree or similar in GIS or Mapping Services.
PREFERRED CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
POSITION SCOPE & IMPACT
- Individual contributor with impact on team performance and companywide efficiencies
- Work in a climate-controlled office and routinely use standard office equipment
- Up to 10%, as business requires
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.