Design and implement assigned GIS projects supporting the generation of customized maps and geographic analysis reports; maintain and update geographic data in the City's Geographic Information System (GIS); and provide geographic information to City departments, outside agencies and the public.
Job descriptions are intended to present a general list of tasks/duties performed by employees within this job classification. Job Descriptions are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
Minimum Education, Experience And Additional Requirements
Related education and experience may be interchangeable on a year for year basis.
Associate's degree from an accredited college or university in geographic information systems(GIS), geography, planning, cartography or a related field plus four (4) years of experience related to any combination of the following areas: geographic information systems (GIS) editing, cartography, urban geography or related experience.
- Possession of a Driver's License or the ability to obtain by date of hire.
- Possession of a City Operator's Permit (COP) within six (6) months from date of hire.
- Transportation logistics and/or urban planning
- Basic knowledge of RouteSmart logistics software if position requires
- Principles and practices of geographic information systems including hardware and software applications
- Computerized information systems and analysis techniques
- Basic principles and practices of cartography
- Methods and techniques of drafting
- Principles of records management as pertaining to maps, plats and legal survey documents
- Modern office procedures, methods and equipment including computers and printers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
Preferred Skills & Abilities
- Principles and practices of GIS Software applications
- Read and interpret technical documents including plats, deeds, bounds descriptions as well as a wide variety of construction documents and record drawings
- Train or instruct end users in the use of GIS computer equipment and software
- Maintain GIS computer systems and databases
- Perform map reproduction activities according to established techniques
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Respond to requests and inquiries from City departments, outside organizations and the public
- Communicate clearly and concisely
- Perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.