Navopache Electric Cooperative, Inc. (NEC)
NEC is seeking a qualified individual to fill the position of a GIS Specialist. NEC is situated within the White Mountains of Arizona. It is a place of beautiful scenery, mild climate and has a small community atmosphere where you know your neighbors. Hiking, hunting, fishing and other outdoors sports for fun and relaxation are all possible when you live in the “White Mountains”.
- Create, update and maintain drawings, maps and facilities records using automated methods.
- Coordinate, maintain and operate all GIS workstations’ hardware and software with corresponding GIS users as well as all GPS devices and users.
- Have and maintain knowledge of operating systems (both windows and IOS) and versions, as well as applicable software systems. Coordinate and suggest changes in same to supervisors and IT Department personnel.
- Provide technical assistance and counsel to supervisory personnel regarding user applications and optimum utilization of system resources, thus ensuring cost effective support and services to system users.
- Provide and maintain an effective interface with users to determine user requirements and resolve application discrepancies, which may include, but not limited to, preparing training materials and hands-on training sessions.
- Interpret plans, technical drawings, photographs, maps and legal descriptions and interface these within the GIS.
- Coordinate and perform all maintenance activities pertaining to software with appropriate vendors and IT Department personnel.
- Prepare material requisitions and maintain supplies used with GIS/GPS mapping equipment.
- Develop automated workflows using geoprocessing tools and scripting based on companywide and/or supervisor needs.
- Maintain electric flow network within the GIS and continually maintain and improve integration with other relevant database systems.
- Perform field investigations to verify and update mapping data as directed by supervisors.
- Know and work according to the NEC’s safety rules and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors of Science degree with emphasis in CAD/GIS or equivalent specialized training and experience to equal degree requirements.
- Associate degree in related field with four years work experience in CAD/GIS/ESRI.
- Experience in the electric utility and/or surveying/mapping fields preferred.
- Possess the demonstrated ability to perform standard functions in Word Processing, Spreadsheet and Database programs (e.g. Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, SQL Server Express, etc).
- Proficient working knowledge of ESRI software including ArcMap, ArcCatalog, and other Enterprise software.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of geographic theory and its implications as it relates to the company’s GIS system.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of automated mapping system requirements.
- Have good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Be able to develop a thorough knowledge and understanding of cooperative policies, programs, and practices.
- Have proven organizational ability.
- Have proven work experience in multitasking and be detail oriented.
- Have the proven ability to work independently of others and maintain a high level of productivity.
- Have a willingness and ability to work with other NEC employees and departments and serve on various committees, if appointed to such.
- Be physically able to perform job functions, as well as field investigations to verify mapping data.
- Be able to work away from reporting location multi-days and nights and attend seminars and special training classes as directed by supervisors.
- Have or be able to obtain a valid Arizona driver's license.
HOURS OF OPERATION: 4/10s NEC is on a 4/10 schedule (Monday through Thursday).
SALARY: Is commensurate with qualifications.
BENEFITS: NEC offers an excellent comprehensive benefit package (e.g. vacation, sick leave, Short/Long Disability, 80 hours of holiday pay, NRECA 401(k), pension and more).
CLOSES: Tuesday, June 11, 2019 at 6 pm Arizona Time.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: If you are interested in this position you may apply online by visiting our website www.navopache.org/, then select the “Careers” tab located on top of the home page. You may also apply by sending your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selected qualified applicants will be contacted for interview scheduling within a couple weeks after the position has closed. EOE/M/F/D/V
NEC: Founded in 1946 NEC is a member owned electric cooperative. Our mission is to serve our communities in the most efficient, safe and reliable way.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.