Oshtemo Charter Township
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Public Works, and general direction of the Township Supervisor, this position performs a variety of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) work with related software and programs to create and maintain data and/or maps that can be combined with geographically referenced data. GIS software has the capacity to relate different types of data such as socioeconomic, demographic, administrative or political boundaries, land use, land cover, environmental, infrastructure, and transportation networks. This job is to be performed in person.
Physical requirements described herein are representative of those requirements which must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made upon request to enable an individual with a disability to perform these essential job functions.
The employee must be able to drive to visit properties and project sites within the Township. While on site the employee must be able to traverse rough terrain to complete on-site inspections and bend and lift to inspect conditions and gather data as necessary. Weather conditions may vary.
The ability to operate a computer, copy machine, and answer the telephone is required.
These qualifications represent guidelines; alternative qualifications may be substituted if sufficient to perform duties required by position.
- Designing, developing, and maintaining various GIS databases and solutions
- Perform administrative duties regarding data governance and management of user access/licensing on the GIS platform
- Perform data quality control, including reviewing data for completeness and accuracy, identifying and correcting errors or omissions in the data
- Acquiring new spatial data and integrating it into the organization’s GIS
- General digitizing and maintenance of geospatial data
- Developing and applying data analysis solutions to meet other project specific needs
- Support and train internal staff on accessing and leveraging GIS technology
- Catalog and inventory geospatial data, including metadata creation
- Research emerging technology and techniques
- Generate professional maps, web maps, and applications
REQUIRED SKILLS & BEHAVIORS:
- Intermediate knowledge of ArcGIS 10.x suite of products
- Intermediate knowledge of cartographic principles, practices, and techniques
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication, organization, and presentation skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask on a variety of projects
- Ability to focus on repetitive tasks for an extended period of time
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, OneDrive, Teams, Etc.)
- Team-based mentality
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Geography, GIS, CIS, or a related field
- Minimum 3-5 years working full time with Geographic Information Systems in a professional position
PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Working knowledge of ArcGIS Pro
- Intermediate knowledge of ArcGIS Online data and maps
- Working knowledge of Esri’s Field Apps including ArcGIS Field Maps and Survey123
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
This position is salary exempt with an annual salary of $60,000-$70,000. Oshtemo Township offers a generous benefits package that includes family medical, vision, and dental insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, basic life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance; 401(a) with up to 8% Township contribution; 457 plans; Paid Time Off; and 13 paid holidays each year.
Please e-mail your resume to email@example.com and complete the employment application (https://us.openforms.com/Form/15f2b9fd-51a7-44b5-9b12-f9bc9aa4f576 ) by 05/18/23 to apply.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.
|Category||GIS Analyst, GIS Developer|