Responsible for exhibiting Chesapeake Utilities Corporation’s Mission, Vision and Values, regarding external customers, agencies, vendors, internal departments and co-workers. This position is responsible for the administration, coordination, and preparation and processing of information for the Geographic Information System (GIS). Assists with all GIS mapping functions including production and editing of digital utility infrastructure detail, data bases, GIS layers, tabular data, system modeling and files translation as required in the development of various digital map products. Ensures accurate and up-to-date records of the gas distribution system.
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Perform creation, conversion, translation, migration, and import of GIS data from various sources.
- Perform editing, quality control, data manipulation and analysis functions to digital map data.
- Integrate other system asset management programs into the GIS.
- Perform system models for the entire distribution systems, main extension projects and other scenarios as directed.
- Develop specific quality assurance procedures, standards, and protocols.
- Ensure digital media and related source materials are archived and properly stored.
- Contribute in gathering, creating, compiling, and maintaining metadata files.
- Communicate all production related concerns and inquiries to the supervisor.
- Process, update and correct digital base map data for geospatial applications.
- Apply advanced digital cartographic and/or GIS principles in all efforts.
- Maintain distribution system’s Sectionalization, Leak mapping and Miss Utility maps.
- Prepare system reports.
- Develop and provide training of GIS system.
- Adhere to Quality Control protocols as directed.
- Conduct or contribute in system preparation, project layout, and design activities.
- Maintain all related data and map products.
- Assist in distribution system operations.
- Assist in the preparation of annual DOT/PHMSA Reports.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
- Perform data field collection (GPS) of infrastructure assets.
Requires……a total commitment to Chesapeake Utilities Corporation’s Mission, Vision and Values and:
- Associate’s degree
- One to three years of prior work experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of ArcGIS 10. Able to perform edits and updates to mapping system as required.
- Knowledge of materials, software, and equipment used for drafting, surveying, construction and electronic mapping.
- Proficient in the use of standard business software (Microsoft Word, Excel and Windows).
- Excellent communication and customer relation skills.
- Knowledge of materials, software, and equipment used for drafting, surveying and electronic mapping including GPS.
- Excellent record keeping skills.
- Normal level of visual and hearing ability.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Federal, State, Municipal regulatory requirements, permits and record keeping.
- Company and industry standards, designs and practices.
- Company safety rules, regulations, procedures, policies and manuals.
- Perform work tasks and activities in a safe and conscientious manner.
Associates or better.
1-3 years: One to Three Years
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.