What You Will Do
The Geographic Information System (GIS) Program within the Infrastructure Program Office (IFPROG) at Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) is seeking interest from highly talented, motivated, and customer oriented applicants for a GIS Specialist 3 position. As an Institutional resource the GIS Program is responsible for maintaining the Institutional Spatial Database; developing, maintaining, and providing spatial data relating to a variety of operations at LANL including, Environmental, Facilities, Utilities, and Site Planning. In addition, the GIS Program builds and supports the development of web-based GIS applications used for project planning, risk analysis, and individual project support.
What You Need
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Experience architecting, implementing, and administrating enterprise IT-GIS solutions/systems that leverage the ArcGIS enterprise platform (desktop, server, and online)
- Significant experience in Enterprise geodatabase management including RDBMS design and maintenance, SDE installation and configuration, enterprise GIS workflow (versioning & replication), and creating materialized views within and between SQL and Oracle including Oracle SDO Geometry.
- Experience as a technical lead to ascertain customer requirements, investigate alternative solutions, and recommend or develop solutions that enable non-GIS users the ability to utilize spatial data to solve complex problems.
- Experience in platform architecture, solution design, project envisioning, planning, developing, deployment, security, identity management frameworks, cloud, and scalability
- Task management experience in GIS product deliverables and a commitment to customer service is a must.
- Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas--both verbally and in written form--whether to customers, executives, or other technical or non-technical peers
- Demonstrated advanced level Desktop experience developing cartographic products using ArcGIS 10+ and Pro, developing and maintaining spatial data, including metadata, and performing spatial data analysis.
- Education/Experience: Bachelor of Science degree in Geographic Information Systems, geography, information management, environmental science, computer science, or a related field, with a desired 3+ years of GIS developer experience 7 years GIS experience, or equivalent combination of education, certification and work experience.
- Intermediate level experience with Oracle and SQL database management through the use of tools like Toad and SQL Plus.
- Intermediate level experience leveraging ArcFM for utility data modeling; familiarity with the ESRI Utility Network.
- Experience in using spatial modeling and analysis in support of research, operations, and site planning.
- Intermediate level experience in Desktop development including creating custom tools, performing geo-processing tasks using Python, and developing models in Model builder.
Note to Applicants:
Please submit a cover letter along with the resume addressing the requirements of the position
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.