As GIS Spatial Data Administrator, you will work with a project team, or as an individual contributor, to specify non-functional requirements, size system hardware (physical and virtual), maintenance steps, tuning/troubleshooting performance issues. You will review GIS database designs for performance concerns such as: sparsely populated attributes, non-normalized tables, excessive and relationships. In your position you will work directly with Product Owners, Project Managers and External Clients to present ideas for SI Division improvements and utilize GIS Industry standards for database tuning, GIS performance test script generation, testing, and maintenance. In addition, the GIS Spatial Data Administrator investigates and resolves (or recommends resolution options) for identified defects or issues with developed solutions, and designs, creates and executes database health unit tests for project independent use.
- Manage assigned projects to completion ensuring that all activities are coordinated and completed on time with internal and external partners if applicable.
- Maintain data sets and standard maps on CCIC’s ESRI Portal.
- Coordinating the identification and acquisition of new spatial data and supervising the integration of this data into the organization’s GIS.
- To develop Model Builder and/or Python scripts as needed to automate GIS business logic.
- Develop accurate project plan for all assigned projects, modify as needed.
- Lead internal project meetings with other managers and team members to review the status of each project and implement changes as necessary to ensure timely project completion.
- Designing and implementing organization-wide GIS standards.
- Identifying, analyzing, and defining changes to GIS applications software and related systems and subsystems that will maximize efficiencies for better services to users; then recommending such changes to the organization and developing plans to implement them.
- Coordinating GIS-related activities with user departments.
- Serving as the organization’s point of contact on GIS matters.
- Managing relationships with collaborating and/or related outside GIS organizations and attending meetings of local user groups.
- Collaborate on the design and implementation of spatial data ETL workflows
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in a related field
- GISCI or ESRI certifications preferred
- Minimum (5) years of experience in the GIS field
- Three (3) to Five (5) years of experience with ESRI or QGIS products
- Knowledge of the telecommunications/wireless/real estate industries
- Advanced knowledge of GIS tools, such as ESRI, QGIS, Google Earth Pro, and Street Atlas
- Working knowledge of IT systems, architecture, and terminology
- Customer service orientation with a strong problem-solving approach
- Knowledge of Geo Database management and/or SQL with PostGIS, Oracle Spatial, etc
- Model Builder and Python knowledge
- Knowledge and experience of ESRI Spatial Analyst, and Raster Statistics
- Ability to understand, manage, and process multiple data streams
- Knowledge of GIS data sets: Segmentation, Census bureau, Mosaik Solutions, ESRI, Traffic data, Imagery data, and FCC Data Sets
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.