We are seeking a candidate who demonstrates leadership and expertise in all aspects of agency GIS solution architecture design, platform implementation and administration, as well as solution development projects with department-wide impact. This position is the agency’s principal authority on uses of and feasibility for employing agency GIS technology in GIS system, application, and tool development projects. This position also works within teams to identify appropriate GIS solution architectures and web, mobile, cloud, server, and/or Software as a Service (SaaS) platforms for agency GIS solutions. The incumbent will ensure agency GIS solutions comply with agency and enterprise IT architectures, methodologies, policies, standards, and best practices.
The position provides leadership in identifying and adopting innovative GIS solution development and deployment approaches including new tooling, frameworks, practices, and methodologies. The incumbent will work with business area and IS staff to facilitate adoption and use of agency GIS platforms, widgets, and best practices for GIS solution development, testing, and deployment. As an expert technical consultant, the incumbent will analyze and support complex agency GIS solutions which are implemented and maintained in large, very complex, and multi-platform development environments that include web, mobile, mainframe, server, cloud, and/or database components.
Prior to any appointments for position(s) filled from this announcement, candidates may be subject to a comprehensive criminal background check which may include FBI fingerprinting.
WisDOT does not sponsor work visas. Any appointment made will be contingent on the applicant being able to prove valid status to work in the United States.
Minimally qualified applicants must have experience in all of the following:
- Designing, coordinating, implementing and/or governing GIS solution architecture/platforms/methodologies
- Applying technical expertise in object-oriented GIS solution components deployed on -premise or cloud platforms
- Applying technical leadership for GIS development tools, frameworks, and/or application programming interfaces (APIs)
Well qualified applicants will also have one or more of the following:
- Experience implementing and supporting GIS solutions that use Esri ArcGIS Enterprise and/or ArcGIS Online platforms
- Experience implementing and supporting solutions that use Oracle databases
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.