This position performs GIS software development tasks and projects in an enterprise environment, and works within a team of system administrators, system analysts, database administrators, GIS analysts and GIS project managers in the Enterprise Geographic Information System (EGIS) Section within the Geospatial and Land Acquisition Services Department. This position will develop and maintain web-based GIS mapping applications, custom widgets, reports and automation scripts.
This position requires an individual who is motivated to stay current on the recent changes in technology that support/enhance GIS, possess good communication and troubleshooting skills, and the desire to work in a dynamic environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Configures and develops map viewers and web-based mapping applications.
- Publishes and manages GIS services utilized in Esri ArcGIS Portal, ArcGIS Online, or in custom mapping applications.
- Configures and develops custom reports and/or widgets that may be utilized within mapping applications or Esri desktop applications.
- Develops process improvements and automation, such as tools or scripts utilizing web hooks for sending automated emails.
- Performs quality assurance of automated solutions and web-based products to ensure customer needs are met and best practices are followed.
- Works with System Administrators to ensure all system tiers are synchronized between staging, production, and disaster recovery. Works with System Administrators to administer and standardize the distribution of data to customers via ArcGIS Portal and/or ArcGIS Online.
- Develops and maintains documentation for custom solutions.
- May assume the authority of, and acts on behalf of, a more senior official.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Experienced (at least 2 years) in Esri ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Enterprise/Portal, and ArcGIS Desktop projects (including ArcGIS Pro).
- Experienced working with data in an enterprise SDE database.
- Experienced working with Esri ArcGIS Online, Collector, Survey123 or Workforce.
- Knowledge of spatial analysis methods and geoprocessing tools.
- Familiar with cartographic best practices.
- Broad conceptual knowledge of GIS methodologies and workflows.
- Knowledge of computer systems, operating systems, network security configurations, database management, and web platforms.
- Familiar with other programming languages, such as XML or .NET, that may enhance development tasks.
- Familiarity using SQL Server Management Studio.
- Ability to work in a team environment and provide excellence customer service.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical staff.
- Ability and desire to troubleshoot hardware/software technical issues associated with GIS systems.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time spent on projects and tasks in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing to end-users, vendors, management, and peers.
Graduation from an accredited four year degree granting college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Technology, Geography/GIS, or other related fields; AND
Three years of experience as a GIS Application Developer; OR
An equivalent combination of education (not less that a high school diploma/GED), training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-specific competencies.
HOW TO APPLY:
View the complete position details and apply at the Hillsborough County Website.
Link to Apply
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.