To view the full posting and apply, click here.
Under the direction of the GIS Supervisor, perform complex technical duties to support Geographic Information Systems (GIS) in the Public Works department and City’s Enterprise Program. Create, maintain, and manage digital inventory of public and private assets in GIS Enterprise database and City’s Enterprise Asset Management system with a focus on the City’s Water assets. Create, maintain, and manage GIS maps, layers, applications, geodatabases, and other related records. Provide a high level of customer service and GIS support to internal and external customers. Provides training and ad hoc support to end users. Conduct field visits for asset collection and ensure data accuracy. Create and maintain water modeling related datasets. Act as a bridge between various divisions and departments such as Engineering/Design, Utility Billing, Operations and Maintenance, Construction Services, and Community & Economic Development. Develops and updates training documentation to support GIS applications developed in-house.
- Create and maintain GIS asset information for Water Department assets by gathering data from a variety of sources such as as-builts, field inspections, operations field staff, construction staff, and other sources. Ensure that GIS data features are always in sync with the city’s enterprise asset management / work management system (Infor/Hansen). Perform ongoing quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) to ensure good data integrity. Develop metadata and supporting documentation.
- Analyze, develop, and automate innovative and complex technical GIS workflows, tools, online applications/maps/dashboards, and processes to support Water Department needs. Utilize a variety of GIS analysis tools to support the city’s asset management initiative.
- Design and publish maps / layers using principles of cartography to effectively communicate data to internal and external customers. Author and utilize automation tools such as FME, python and geoprocessing scripts to build automation for repeatable processes.
- Act as a liaison between City departments and divisions including Engineering, Utility Billing, Operations and Maintenance, Construction Services, and Community and Economic Development providing GIS support.
- Research and explore innovative desktop and mobile geospatial technologies. Find innovative ways to use GIS to create efficiencies, enhance data quality, and develop effective maps, processes, and workflows. Provide GIS support and technical assistance to multiple departments across the city (internal customers). This includes the development of technical documentation, training sessions, presentations, and other verbal and written communication.
- Configures and utilizes risk analysis software (such as Innovyze InfoAsset Planner) to analyze City assets and generates quantitative and qualitative data/reports facilitating informed decision making for capital improvement projects and program design.
- Configures and utilizes state of the art Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS)software and equipment for obtaining precise spatial locations for City asset mapping purposes.
Experience and Education
- Two (2) years’ experience working with GIS in the utilities sector
- Equivalent to an Associate's Degree in GIS, Engineering or related field
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered
- Proficiency using Environmental Sciences Research Institute (Esri) products (i.e., ArcGIS for Desktop, ArcMap 9.x or higher, and ArcGIS Pro 2.x or higher, and ArcSDE)
- Proficiency developing web applications using Esri application builder, operations dashboards, Survey123
- Innovyze software products (InfoAsset Planner) is preferred
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.