The GIS Property Technician conducts research, interpret, map (GIS), and transfer property and ownership information for the most complex of real estate property title records. Assign Assessor Parcel Number (APN) identification and ownership history to new subdivisions and parcel splits based on recorded property descriptions.
We recognize your time is valuable, so please apply if you meet the following required qualifications:
- Associates degree in GIS, Engineering, Computer Science, or a closely related
- One (1) year of experience working with GIS applications.
Combined education and experience qualifications:
- An equivalent combination of post-secondary education and/or job related experience may substitute for the minimum qualifications on a year for year basis.
- Experience with ArcDesktop, Arc Parcel Editor and/or ESRI GIS.
- Certificate in GIS, CAD and/or IAAO mapping
Our Preferred Candidate has:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Civil Engineering or Survey disciplines.
- Experience with coordinate geometry (COGO) in GIS or CAD.
- Experience with cadastral mapping.
- Experience with real estate title work with major emphasis on identifying and interpreting complex, recorded conveyance documents (deeds) containing complex property legal descriptions and boundaries.
- Experience researching property land records.
- Experience in reading and interpreting property legal description or real property mapping.
Essential Job Tasks
- Researches and resolves the most complex ownership, legal description, split/combine, mapping and parcel related questions and problems.
- Performs the most complex metes and bounds property splits or combines to create new parcels in accordance with legally recorded deed-legal descriptions and plats.
- Assigns new parcel numbers, determines parcel description of new parcels, validates correct documented ownership, and enters all data into the GIS/CAMA system.
- Researches and resolves multi-parcel splits from lengthy curvilinear, non-rectangular metes and bounds property descriptions.
- Performs map edits within the GIS/ESRI (&CAMA) system.
- Coordinates and communicates technical information to support staff and clients regarding problematic (those unable to be processed) conveyances, splits and combines.
- Organizes own workloads to meet or exceed and accurately complete all duties in accordance with established Office standards, practices, and time frames; and to provide regular work status reports.
- Completes special or complex projects as requested by supervisor.
Maricopa County is an EEO/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
Work in an office environment.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.