The Oregon Dept. of Revenue is currently recruiting for a GIS Principal Analyst (ISS5) to join our Property Tax Division, Cartographic Information Systems Team in Salem.
This is a full-time, SEIU represented position. This recruitment may be used to fill additional vacancies as they occur.
What will you be doing:
Provide team leadership and technical expertise for the Cadastral Information Systems Unit by directing and monitoring the team's work in data management for state and county cartographic data. You will assist in analyzing and supporting projects through the ORMAP program, develop new GIS data products, and may participate as a member of various GIS intra or interagency teams. In addition, you will provide training for state and county cartographic staff.
What's in it for you:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans for the employee and qualified family members, including $5,000 in employee basic life insurance
- Paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and 10 paid holidays per year
- Membership in the Public employees Retirement System (PERS)/Oregon Public Service Retirement Plan (OPSRP)
- Access to training that will help in the current role as well as assisting with career growth
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
What you will be doing:
- Manage cartographer workloads to help them accomplish prescribed work and meet specific contract and statutory deadlines.
- Use expertise in cadastral cartography to develop and apply structured quality control processes to cartographic data revisions.
- Assure all maps and data produced comply with the Oregon Cadastral Map System, ORMAP Technical Specifications, and Oregon Cadastral Data Exchange Standards.
- Direct staff in providing metadata, importing and exporting data, and data structure support to CISU clients.
- Use expertise in cadastral cartography and legal descriptions to administer ORS 308.225 and ensure taxing districts comply with statutory requirements.
- Coordinate with other PTD departments in the production of Property Classification Memos.
- Document the step-by-step procedures for the execution of complex GIS mapping workflow.
- Prepare agenda for and facilitate regular CISU team meetings.
- Prepare cadastral mapping project needs analysis, cost estimates and resource allocation.
- Respond to questions and explain laws and standards related to appraisal and cadastral maintenance mapping.
- Coordinate new CISU employee training and orientation.
For a complete position description contact Sheri Myers at email@example.com or 503-945-8548.
- Use of a visual display terminal 90% of the time. Typical office environment 95% of the time.
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- May require overnight travel.
- Must have valid driver's license and a good driving record.
QUALIFICATIONS, REQUIRED & REQUESTED SKILLS:
To qualify at the Information Systems Specialist 5 level
(a) Four (4) years of geographic information systems (GIS) experience:
An Associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field (such as geography, GIS, planning, mathematics, social sciences, natural resources, computer science, or a closely related spatial data analysis field), OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in geographic information technology or related field; AND two (2) years of geographic information systems experience;
A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field (such as
those listed above) may substitute for all of the above.
- ArcGIS desktop and ArcGIS Online skills
- Experience and training in digital and hard copy cartography and managing geodatabases
- Knowledge of and experience with cadastral cartography
- Knowledge of laws relating to surveying, real property, and cartography
- Skill reading and interpreting property documents such as deeds, surveys, plats, and legal descriptions
- Analysis and critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Leadership and team building skills
- Experience in scripting, Python, or similar program skills
- Integration of GIS projects with MS-SQL server or other related RDBMS skills
Experience developing customer requirements and managing contracted GIS services
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.