The GIS Manager responsibility related the project including facilitating project teams, identifying resources and establishing project objectives, timelines and milestones and developing standards for Data Management and GIS deployment and use.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· GIS mapping software products including ESRI ArcGIS and Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D. A successful candidate should be familiar with the data requirements and discrepancies of each system.
· Commercial database systems
· Imagery formats commonly used for municipal government applications. Ability to manipulate imagery as required.
· Make sound decisions concerning Data Management/GIS technologies as they apply to the firm’s client’s needs.
· Analyze complex problems, evaluate alternatives, and make sound, well-structured recommendations.
· Prepare and present clear and well-organized written and oral reports to internal departments, executive leadership, clients and other groups as required.
· Explain Data Management/GIS-related technical issues and concepts to non-technical staff.
· Use the Internet, remote communications, and other advanced tools to increase productivity and perform job functions.
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with subordinates, peers, superiors, vendor representatives and clients.
· Plan, manage, and implement Data Management/GIS-related projects; assessing progress and making appropriate corrections to keep projects on track.
· Plan, organize, supervise, review and evaluate the work of GIS project team staff in a manner that is conducive to independent judgment, and high performance and personal accountability.
· Assess the spatial needs of a client and recommend solutions.
· Work with various skilled staff from other departments or outside agencies.
· Read, analyze and interpret technical procedures and governmental regulations.
· Write reports, business correspondence, and establish processes.
· Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, outside agencies, and the general public.
· Supervising a team of staff including programmers, cartographers, data managers, analysts and support specialists.
· Managing budgets and project costs.
· Consulting clients to ascertain project purpose, needs and information required.
· Recruiting and training staff.
· 5 years of experience with GIS specifically ESRI ArcGIS.
· Maintenance and Setting up ESRI ArcGIS server.
· 3 years managing a team.
· Must be self-motivated.
· Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Mathematics or Physics preferred;
· MasTec prefers, but does not require, that candidates have experience in the local area;
· Candidates with certifications received through Oracle, PMI or other similar organizations focused on recognition of expertise in Project Scheduling and Earned Value Management.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.