A career in GIS within the Engineering Services group, will provide the opportunity to map existing utilities for land development, asset management and utility projects. This typically includes generating a variety of GIS products and performing data searches and retrievals. Additionally, this includes assisting in the design, development, testing and implementation of GIS applications to meet customer needs and enterprise requirements; developing and maintaining GIS databases; and keeping track of utility information received from various sources and perform data conversion from field survey and record documents.
Roles within Engineering Services are responsible for a variety of engineering services functions that could include construction, systems engineering, design support, or similar engineering support activities. This includes ensuring the timely, thorough, and accurate completion of all engineering services projects. This also includes the preparation of new or modified designs. The Engineering Services team also maintains various activities and reports, drawing reproduction, and customer documentation. The team also selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
Roles and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
Additionally, the level and nature of interaction of your role includes:
• Managing work of and actively directing professional development of direct reports
• Appropriately delegating/collaborating cross-functionally on assignments for growth of direct reports
A role that is within the Management level, is a role that contributes through the direct supervision and/or leadership of others by accomplishing results through those subordinate team members.
• Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience, or;
• Master’s degree with 4 years of relevant experience.
• In addition, a minimum of 1 year of leadership experience is required.
• Equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.