GIS Manager – Street Transportation Department
City of Phoenix
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Phoenix is the 5th largest city in the country, serving as Arizona's center of government, commerce, and culture. It is emerging in the new economy with strength in high technology, manufacturing, bioscience research and advanced business services. Phoenix is a young, progressive city, brimming with sports and cultural attractions, distinctive restaurants, fascinating museums, diverse residential options, and endless outdoor opportunities.
The City of Phoenix, Street Transportation Department is seeking a highly motivated GIS Manager to join the IT & GIS team. The GIS Manager will lead three GIS teams of highly qualified GIS technicians, Sr. GIS technicians, IT Analyst/Programmers, GIS coordinators, and contractors. The Street Transportation GIS team is responsible for GIS mapping, databases, applications, Landbase data maintenance, streets asset data management, and stormwater infrastructure data analysis and mapping.
- Manages Streets GIS staff, including GTS, Stormwater, and Asset Location teams.
- Ensures project objectives are achieved and deadlines are met.
- Manages the recruitment and training of new talent while coordinating the continued
professional development of the GIS team.
- Manages the GIS feature dataset replication in Oracle and MSSQL.
- Manages the Landbase information including parcel, quarter, section, and other items and issues surrounding the feature.
- Manages the legal description function that impacts resources Citywide.
- Manages, maintains, and supports ArcGIS servers.
- Develops GIS applications to meet the overall goals and business needs.
- Develops and manages automation protocols for loading spatial data, QA/QC methods, and all other repeatable workflows using data modeling, attribute mapping, ETL workflows, and scripting.
- Works with ESRI Enterprise Advantage Program to upgrade from ArcGIS Desktop Client to ArcGIS Pro.
- Drives innovation by integrating GIS data with various business systems, streamlining, and automation.
- Strategically stand-up new solutions as deemed necessary for future business needs, identifies opportunities for process improvements using geospatial data, creates high-quality geospatial analysis products, maps, and web-based GIS applications.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining standards, policies, and procedures, and ensuring the accuracy and consistency of all GIS content including maps, data, tools, and web/desktop applications.
- Demonstrates superior seamless customer service, integrity, and commitment to innovation, efficiency, and fiscally responsible activity.
$74,630.40 - $113,588.80 annually. Candidates may be hired up to $113,588.80 depending upon
Recruitment closes May 4, 2023. All materials must be received by 11:59 p.m. on this date. This is a position-based recruitment and generates a one time use only list. Once interviews are conducted and candidates are selected, this job posting will be considered closed and candidates will no longer be in consideration for the position applied for. This posting will not result in any ongoing eligibility list.
Senior Info Tech Systems Spec: Job Code 09570, ID # 49723
Building the Phoenix of tomorrow.
City of Phoenix is an equal opportunity employer. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni who meet the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching, as one document, your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. Only the highest qualified may be posted to the eligible to hire list. The results of the resume screening process will be sent to your primary email address.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.