The Williams Library and the Marine Sciences Department invites applications for a full-time, twelve-month, non-tenure-track faculty position as a GIS Library Outreach Liaison at the rank of Instructional Assistant Professor. The position will report to the Director of Williams Library with a joint appointment to the Department of Marine Sciences.
The successful candidate will:
- Teach three (3) Marine Science lecture courses in GIS per academic year
- Acquire and provide support in the discovery, use and management of locally created and externally available GIS data, collections and tools in collaboration with data creators and researchers.
- Work with others to develop scalable, sustainable and domain-appropriate GIS services in support of research at Texas A&M University at Galveston.
- Support data visualization activities by promoting techniques associated with specialized, evolving data visualization tools for spatial applications
- Provide support for GIS services through reference, research consultations, online help guides, websites and other outreach efforts.
- Design and deliver consulting services to faculty and students using spatial data in a wide range of units across the campus, will take a leadership role on campus for geospatial data management and will collaborate with units already providing GIS consulting.
- Participate in library- and campus-wide committees and workgroups where appropriate and will contribute to research support and instruction programming and implementation.
- Education, Experience and Expectations: Applicants for this position must have completed a master’s degree in a GIS-related discipline or field. The successful candidate will be energetic and collaborative, and will have strong experience in leading outreach initiatives. Applicants must have a strong commitment to excellence in teaching and other interactions leading to overall student success as well as a strong commitment to service in the department and the University.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.