Our Military Services Group is seeking a GIS Intern in our Technical Services Operation Group located in Camden, NJ. This position is designed to engage interested students in the water utility industry. The GIS Intern will assist in the performance of technical work related to designing, maintaining and producing geographic data and graphics through an automated geographic information system (GIS). The main objective of this position is to offer an opportunity for hands-on learning to the student in their field of study.
- Provide GIS support to project staff and client technical staff including but not limited to creating and maintaining map products or concept level project drawings using ERSI software platform.
- Under general supervision, utilize GIS to update and maintain the water and wastewater utility asset inventory.
- Assist project staff with integration of GIS inventory, CMMS program and financial systems.
- Under general supervision, perform GPS surveys to utilize mapping grade GPS receivers and mobile mapping tools for daily field work.
- Follow all company Environmental, Health and Safety policies; wear and work in the proper personal protective equipment (provided by the company).
- Basic ability to interpret AutoCAD (computer-aided design) software and drawings.
- Basic use of mapping grade GPS receivers.
- Operation of ERSI GIS software.
- Basic methods, techniques and procedures utilized in the planning, design, maintenance and production of GIS data and graphics.
Enrollment in an Engineering, GIS or relevant accredited degree program.
- Valid Driver’s License is preferred.
- Must be able to pass a multijurisdictional background check.
- Champions safety
- Cultivates innovation
- Customer obsessed
- Drives Results
- Nimble learning
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.