- Responsible for exercising safe work practices at all times. Attendance at certain safety training will be mandatory.
- This position encompasses field data collection, field measurement, mapping, field photography, equipment or unit inventory, and similar field-based reconnaissance at the direction of senior technical or engineering employees
- The position would serve as a liaison between FEUS groups in order to maintain the accuracy of the GIS electrical system data. The groups this position would assist in are Engineering, GIS, Estimation, and Field Operations.
- Assist with any configuration changes to the system that would require modifying the tagging used to identify equipment in the field.
- Update digital information for any maintenance or new construction.
- Accurately and neatly gather field data using paper drawings, forms, electronic data collection devices, digital cameras, or other formats and/or devices specified by the project manager and/or client.
- Correctly identify items to be documented in the field with minimal supervisory assistance.
- Install and remove field tags on equipment, or structures with correct numbering nomenclature pertinent to its circuit.
- Utilize hand-held data collection units, digital cameras, and GPS receivers to collect field data and download the data.
- Accurately record measurements and dimensions of requested items; be able to recognize levels of detail required to create a complete and accurate accounting of the field inventory and environment per the project specifications.
- Accurately records data and measurements using correct standards and symbology such that the resulting product is clear and easily understood by office-based project personnel.
- Meets production targets and understands the importance of project deliverables and milestones.
- Operates a computer workstation to upload and download data received through field verifications, verifies and maintains accuracy of data collected.
- Operates various types of GPS equipment to collect data for map production and download into existing computer mapping system.
- Uses aerial imagery to locate electrical equipment.
- Requires the ability to develop plan, procedures and goal, work cooperatively, and work under stress to complete tasks accurately within reasonable deadlines.
- Understand and applies the concept of providing electric service to FEUS customers and employees and agrees to maintain a continuing commitment to superior people-to-people service.
- Travels across rough, uneven or rocky surfaces when conducting field inspections or performing field verification work.
- Deals with customers and sometimes dealing with irate or difficult customers.
- Performs other related duties.
- Works under the Lead GIS Analyst and/or Engineering Manager.
- Using excellent customer service skills, establishes and maintains effective working relationship with other employees, officials, and all members of the general public.
- Operates a motor vehicle to assist in carrying out the business of the departments and the City.
- Attendance at FEUS offices is an essential function of the position.
Work with COF departments and commercial customers to accurately record the FEUS infrastructure. Respond to inquiries from staff, administrators, service providers, site personnel and outside vendors, etc. to provide technical assistance and support.
- Works under the general supervision of the GIS Lead Analyst.
- Performs assigned tasks with a professional demeanor reflected in excellent written and oral communication skills, listening skills, patience, analytical reasoning, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to meet timelines, milestones, and deliverables, and provide timely status updates.
- Must be a proficient user of email, electronic calendar (Gmail), Internet, and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Access).
- Performs such other duties as assigned by Electrical Engineering staff.
- Multilingual skills desired.
- Familiarity with iOS based equipment.
- May serve on various employee committees, as required and assigned.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
This position is subject to the City of Farmington's Drug and Alcohol Testing Policy which includes: pre-employment testing, post-accident testing, random testing, reasonable suspicion testing, return to duty testing, and follow-up testing.
- Must have high school or equivalent.
- Experience in the use of maps, and manufacturer's instruction books.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess and maintain a valid New Mexico driver's license.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with co-workers, supervisors, outside entities, and the public.
- Extensive Background Check Required.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk and will occasionally be required to walk over rough, undeveloped, heavy brush and rocky ground.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit, talk, or hear; and occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will be viewing computer screens for several hours at a time.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is performed inside/outside in all types of weather conditions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate while in the field and quiet in the office.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, M/F/D/V.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.