Spruce Technology is a mid-size and rapidly-growing Information Technology services firm headquartered in New Jersey. An award-winning firm (Inc 5000, Smart CEO) with a steadily growing portfolio of commercial and government clients, Spruce Technology provides innovative technology solutions, specialized IT staff, and IT strategy consulting nationwide.
Spruce Technology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived age, sex, pregnancy, race, creed, color, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, religion, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Description: The GIS Engineer will be responsible for providing leadership and expertise in location and geospatial data necessary for mapping and plotting the most accurate position of a NG9-1-1 caller for expeditious dispatch of emergency services.
Scope of Services:
• Manage and oversee the execution and delivery of geospatial data, services and applications.
• Develop, review and finalize project solicitations and work plans.
• Interface with clients and internal staff.
• Provide technical oversight and guidance.
• Development of a sustainable workflow for authoring and updating map tiles.
• Work closely with the GIS Database Administrator to establish group geospatial data catalog. Establish project objectives and acceptance criteria.
• Review and verification of project deliverables.
• Perform the application of Geospatial principles (scale, projections, coordinate systems, topology, spatial analysis, etc.).
• Utilize cartography and data visualization techniques and practices.
• Perform geospatial data gathering using ESRI ArcGIS and web mapping technologies.
• Coordinate with the appropriate vendor and other personnel as required for proper system engineering and integration.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.