The GIS Developer role is to assist in the development and administration of server based and web based applications, such as the County’s GIS interactive map “Athena”. One should be able to understand and interpret end user’s requirements in order to recommend efficient systems or processes. This position will also assist with the administration, development, and implementation of enterprise wide geodatabases, which includes the management of both spatial and tabular data.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Design, implement, and test applications.
- Review applications/projects to make sure functionality works properly for desktop and mobile environments.
- Guide and direct others in developing, and implementing customized web applications.
- Assist with application development estimating, planning, and progress tracking.
- Stay up to date with new technologies and trends in web design and GIS related technologies.
- Track each applications traffic and create detailed reports on its progress.
- Coordinate and monitor usage of database, including potential security issues/vulnerabilities, and assure the integrity of database.
- Perform other database administration activities as necessary.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Web servers and web services (REST and SOAP).
- Microsoft SQL Server and reporting services.
- Microsoft Visual Studio, IIS Manager, MS Team Foundation Server.
- QA methodology, testing techniques.
- GIS application or similar geospatial software development.
- Experience developing native and device aware mobile applications.
- Object oriented design, client/server software design.
- Familiarity with standard software development protocols and coding standards.
- SQL Server database administration in an Enterprise environment.
- Database design and programming techniques such as views, triggers, and stored procedures.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s in computer science or related field.
- Five Years of related experience.
- Valid Driver's License
Medical/Dental/Vision/Accident Insurance, Health Savings Account, IMRF Pension Plan, Deferred Compensation Plan, Paid Vacation, Holidays, Personal and Sick Days.
No applicant for employment shall be discriminated against because of age, race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin or disability. McHenry County is an equal opportunity employer.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.