Since 2008, when Hurricane Katrina impacted the Mississippi Gulf Coast, HORNE has become a leader in disaster recovery efforts. HORNE now provides services, with 13 locations across the US and Puerto Rico. The driving force of our accounting and business advisory firm is--and always will be--our close personal attention to those affected by natural disasters. Emphasizing innovation and forward-looking ideas, HORNE is a top 100 firm in the nation and a top 10 firm in the Southeast.
- A forward thinking, anticipatory professional driven by a passion to pursue your full potential and dreams.
- A work environment that promotes collaboration, consistency and community service to empower people.
- An inclusive culture that promotes career/life integration and invests in developing people in areas of focused expertise.
- An unrivaled distinctive, special culture that values collaboration, innovation and positive energy which HORNE calls the Wise Firm ©.
- A team of professionals grounded in strong, personal relationships and a sense of belonging to a common purpose for adding value and making a difference.
- A dedicated team of individuals from diverse backgrounds working together to leave our clients better than we found them.
- “Fearless Unrivaled Flexibility” – It’s about results, not the hours you work.
How you impact HORNE and our clients…
- The GIS Specialist will support our NEPA Tier II environmental process.
- Perform GIS analysis and Geodatabase development using ESRI ArcGIS desktop.
- Automate the GIS data analysis and process using Java, .NET (C#, VB, C++ or equivalent) and
- Python programming with ESRI ArcObject.
HORNE is looking for…
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geographical Information Science (GIS) or Computer Science related field.
- 3-5 years progressively responsible experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in the areas of spatial mapping and programming.
- 2 years’ experience in Java and/or .NET programming
- 2 years’ experience in Python
- Experience with GeoServer/OpenLayers will be a plus
- Experience with spatial analysis and working with large datasets
- Excellent verbal presentation and written communication skills.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.