Below 3 things are a must:
1) Bachelor’s Degree
2) Practical GIS experience
3) Experience with Model Builder and Python
• Collect, compile and process data from Field staff, as well as other GIS Analysts, to produce maps, reports, and metrics using basic GIS spatial analysis methods, ArcGIS models, and python scripts
• Organize and track large sets of geospatial data from various sources.
• Assist with digital and print delivery of mapping products.
• Work primarily within an ESRI ArcGIS and Microsoft Office environment.
• Perform basic geoprocessing and cartographic functions; work with complex aspects of the ESRI and ArcGIS models and python scripts developed by the company to support the Vegetation Management Program.
• Utilize Microsoft Excel and Access to collect and process data.
• Work independently as well as in a team environment with other GIS Analysts, supervisors, and interns.
• Collaborate with other GIS Analysts to provide ideas and innovative solutions to Project Managers and other staff.
• Bachelor's degree in Geographic Information Systems, Geography, Environmental Science or related field is desired.
• 2+ years of experience working in a GIS environment
• Practical experience with Model Builder and Python, including the ability to troubleshoot simple issues.
• Ability to perform analysis on large spatial datasets.
• Ability to interact professionally with clients.
• Must be highly organized and able to meet deadlines in a timely manner.
• Ability to balance multiple complex tasks.
• Capable of learning new software, processes, and procedures as projects require.
• Possess basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and Access.
• Familiarity with building and maintaining large data sets in an ESRI Geodatabase format.
• Familiarity working in ArcGIS Online and Web Mapping using hosted feature management
• Experience working in a Microsoft SQL-Based environment
• Basic Project Management skills
• Basic knowledge of Spatial Database Management
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.