California Water Service (Cal Water) invites you to pursue a career with the largest investor-owned American water utility west of the Mississippi River and the third-largest publicly traded water utility in the country. Formed in 1926, the San Jose-based company was named one of the Bay Area’s Top Workplaces several years in a row. Cal Water employees pride themselves on sharing a commitment to being the leader in providing its customers and communities with traditional and innovative utility services.
Cal Water offers a generous total compensation package. We have competitive salaries and match a portion of employees' contributions to their Company 401(k). In addition, we provide a Company-funded pension plan, great healthcare benefits that provide coverage to employees and dependents, and generous tuition reimbursement. In addition, employees receive 11 paid holidays and three floating holidays per year, and two weeks of sick leave and vacation.
We are committed to hiring the best candidates, developing current employees, and promoting from within. Continuous improvement and employee development opportunities allow employees to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to progress and reach your career goals.
The Geographic Information System (GIS) Developer is responsible for the creation, analysis, and maintenance of various spatial datasets and applications using ArcGIS suite of desktop products; publishing web maps, develop applications, services, and model workflows. The position will also be responsible for the execution of database queries and construct views and joins to support analytical tasks and reports. The position will work with the GIS and Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) departments to design and develop mobile mapping and dashboard applications for field work by the department and train staff in the use of these applications. The GIS developer will also be responsible for managing and support the development of GIS and Maximo asset synchronization as well as integration with other core business systems. This position is located in San Jose, CA
- Develops, edits, and maintains geospatial datasets and databases
- Designs, developments, and maintains GIS application software to support business process automation
- Completes technical documentations of software, datasets, and processes
- Creates and maintains web and mobile map applications published via ArcGIS Online or Portal for ArcGIS
- Maintains Maximo spatial for integration and synchronization of asset and work order information with GIS
- Coordinates and implements the organization's Intra/Internet-based strategies and initiatives for GIS applications
- Responsible for the overall integrity, accuracy, reliability and security of all enterprise level applications GIS systems, and applications
- Manages enterprise-level GIS software systems to support storage and delivery of geospatial data, oversight of design and maintenance of databases, including the development, and compliance of accepted GIS operating standards
- Analyzes spatial data for reports, dashboards, and presentations
- Supports the extractions, transformations, and loadings (ETL) of departmental data into ArcGIS online dashboard(s) or similar technology for the analysis and presentation of data
- Prepares and execute workflows, ETL, and geoprocessing models
- Prepares and maintains project and work status reports
- Writes database queries and construct views to support analysis and reporting tasks
- Prepares and deliver presentations and/or training sessions on GIS and related technology, tools or procedures for department, and company staff on as needed basis
- Interacts with departmental management and Engineering GIS and EAM staff
- Performs other similar duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related fields and/or equivalent relevant experience
- Three years of progressively challenging experience working in the IT fields
- Proficiency in managing and using ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Web App Builder & ArcGIS Desktop
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Applications
- Valid California Drive License
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Proficiency authoring scripts for geoprocessing and automation of routines
- Proficiency with mobile mapping tools including ESRI’s Collector app
- Proficiency writing complex queries and joining and appending tables in MS SQL Server or Oracle
- Experience with full life-cycle software applications development (i.e., design, construction, testing, and implementation)
- Experience with code versioning and change management concepts
- Experience with IBM Maximo Spatial or other Maximo - ESRI integration and asset synchronization solutions
- Experience with ArcGIS Online map publishing and tools
- Experience with REST and SOAP web services
- Experience with data visualization and graphics tools for the creation of professional presentation and education materials
- Proficient in project planning and time management
- Ability to create and maintain good working relationships and collaborations while being able to work independently and take initiative.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.