Ecology and Environment, Inc., an ESRI Business Partner, is seeking innovative and forward-thinking full-time GIS Developers to join our headquarters in Buffalo, NY, Arlington, VA, or one of our U.S. regional offices. In this challenging role, each GIS Developer will be responsible for designing and developing web-based solutions and will work with colleagues and clients to create appealing and fully functioning websites. Our developers are part of an integrated, very dynamic and results-oriented group. Our successful candidates must be highly motivated to work in a very fast-paced and exciting consulting environment.
- Involved in all phases of software development life cycle, from requirements gathering, analysis and design, development, testing, and implementation of GIS solutions.
- Development of a variety of geospatial products including web, mobile and desktop architectures using ESRI development environments, online tools such as ArcGIS Portal/Online, and mobile tools such as ESRI ArcPad, Survey 123, and ArcGIS Collector.
- Understand the design, configuration, use, and maintenance of enterprise geodatabases using Microsoft SQL Server.
- Provide technical support to end users (external clients and/or colleagues) through training, demonstrations, and documentation.
- Learn and apply new skills and tools during the life-cycle of a project - identifying knowledge-transfer opportunities to junior staff to streamline processes.
- Design workflows and data management techniques to increase efficiencies, and maintain the quality of deliverables.
- Senior-level developers will also:
- Serve as lead developer for new and existing projects
- Work with managers and developers in making platform, technology, and tooling decisions
- Mentor junior staff developers and perform QA/QC on other team members’ solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree in GIS, Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Geography, or related discipline
- Associate level: 3+ years of experience developing web and desktop GIS solutions
- Senior level: 7+ years of experience developing web and desktop GIS solutions
- Experience developing GIS solutions using C#, .NET, and ESRI tools as listed in responsibilities including experience using Visual Studio and SQL Management Studio
- Experience developing web pages using WebForms and MVC
- Experience developing ArcGIS geoprocessing tools using Python for ArcGIS and ArcPy library
- Experience configuring and using GPS (mapping grade) solutions a plus
- Experience working with data in both Microsoft Excel and Access
- Experience with consulting or contract work or developing for DOD clients a plus
- Travel as needed for client meetings and business development
- Excellent problem solving, time management and verbal/written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with external and internal clients of varying levels of computer literacy
- Ability to work as a member of a team and work with tight deadlines to successfully complete tasks on-time and within budget
- Must be a self-starter, highly motivated, organized, and self-disciplined in order to organize time and work efficiently in a face-paced and exciting consulting environment
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E & E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.