Do you have a passion for developing custom Geographic Information System (GIS) tools and applications? Are you excited by the enormous potential of advanced visualization (including virtual reality) to change the future? If so, then we may be a great match, as Mechdyne has designed, integrated, delivered and supported more cutting-edge visualization solutions than any other company on the planet over the last twenty years.
We are seeking a full-time GIS Developer III to create custom GIS tools and applications that will be leveraged for emergency relief and medical response. The tools and applications you develop will be utilized and displayed on a world class hybrid operation display environment located at a client facility in Washington, DC.
- Utilize ESRI ArcGIS Portal, ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro, ArcSERVER, and ArcSDE GIS software to manipulate data in a raster and vector based geospatial environment
- Engage with relevant stakeholders and senior leadership to assess situational awareness needs and identify appropriate technical and scientific approaches to integrate GIS products into decision-making
- Manage user requests, database integrity and ensure that the ArcGIS Portal is current and providing the appropriate information to relevant stakeholders
- Provide technical expertise on how geospatial systems can be integrated into existing health data collection and monitoring systems, making them available for use in spatial analysis
- Assist in the maintenance of existing interactive GIS based mapping system, which includes data for resources in a response to any type of hazard such as potential medical care sites and assembly centers in the US, evacuation routes, hazards, etc. so that up-to-date information will be immediately available by which to organize the response
- Assist with GIS application documentation, account management, technical support and application administration
- Consult on issues related to geographic/geospatial data collecting, processing/analysis, geocoding, aggregation, and cartography
- Investigate and resolve problems encountered in projects and, as appropriate, suggest modification to meet project objectives
- Provide technical training to internal and external customers in the use of GIS applications that may be utilized by non-technical emergency management specialists
- Prepare technical guidelines for the use of GIS and geospatial analysis techniques in an operations center for public health and medical emergency management activities
- Leverage knowledge and experience pertaining to geography, GIS, environmental health, epidemiology, and emergency response to make programmatic recommendations impacting policy and operation procedure related to the effective employment of GIS within emergency response events and exercises
- Evaluate new and innovation geospatial technologies
5-8 years of experience developing custom GIS tools and applications, including:
- ESRI Suite of software (ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Portal, ArcGIS Online)
- SQL Server, Database Design, Data Validation, Metadata
- developing applications for deployment within the Amazon cloud environment
- creating custom connectors within the ARC GIS GeoEvent Processor
- using GIS to develop and enhance a situational awareness picture, including: gathering,
- analyzing and validating various types of information pertinent to an incident, event or
- exercise to support hazard prediction, assessments and impacts.
What might set you apart?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering, or related field
- Communication skills necessary to provide verbal briefings and make clear presentations to senior leadership, as well as to colleagues, regarding GIS program activities
- Knowledge of public health and medical response
- Knowledge of diseases and conditions related to natural disasters and bioterrorism
- Knowledge of the National Response Framework, National Incident Management System,
- National Disaster Medical System, Public Law Number 113-5 and 106-309/42, Pandemic and
- All-Hazards Preparedness Reauthorization Act (PAHPRA), The Robert T. Stafford Disaster
- Assistance and Emergency Relief Act, and the Public Health Service Act.
Mechdyne offers an exciting work environment that is continually evolving, with competitive salaries, and a generous benefits package, including performance incentives, and profit sharing. Our selection process includes a credit and background check, personality and aptitude assessment, and pre-employment drug testing to help ensure top candidates are added to our team.
Mechdyne is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment. Mechdyne will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which non-US work visa sponsorship will be provided.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.