The Detroit Building Authority (DBA) GIS / Data Analyst will support the agency through data management/handling, quality control, reporting / mapping requests, and other tasks as needed. The GIS / Data team utilizes ArcGIS, Salesforce and other data management systems to track, report on and analyze the activities managed by the agency.
The individual performing this job must be extremely detail-oriented, with very good organizational and computer skills.
This is a contractual position with no benefits. Compensation will be based upon the candidate's training and experience.
Examples of Duties
- Assist with data quality control by cleaning, joining, updating, and refining data sets
- Work with geospatial vector and raster data to create maps and geographically cluster demolition targets
- Work in conjunction with additional agencies and partners to improve data-sharing techniques, processes, and transparency
- Support procurement operations by creating documentation and other miscellaneous tasks as needed
- Perform data entry tasks as needed, especially into Salesforce
- Monitor Salesforce and geospatial data for inaccuracies or discrepancies
- Use various geospatial processes to pull/analyze demolition data from Salesforce
- Prepare queries and reports as needed
- Share data with other agencies and partners as directed
- Perform additional duties as directed
Bachelor's Degree in Geography, Urban Planning, Public Policy, Economics, Computer Science, Political Science or a related field.
SUBJECTS & WEIGHTS:
Oral Interview: 70%
Evaluation of Training, Experience & P: 30%
- Knowledge of GIS principles and proficiency in ArcGIS Software
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suites, especially Excel and Access
- Data entry and strong attention to detail
- Basic understanding of government, planning and/or policy and a willingness to learn the complicated details of the demolition program
- Able to understand and fulfill oral and written instructions
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.