The GIS Coordinator is responsible for analyzing, designing, implementing and maintaining Geographic Information System (GIS) based solutions to meet Enterprise County and departmental needs. This position manages the technical, administrative, and professional activities of the County GIS, including hardware, software, applications, data maintenance, training and resources. The work involves exercising considerable initiative and independent judgment, coordinating special projects and collaborating with other departments in performing assigned duties.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of geography, cartography and GIS concepts and principles.
- Extensive knowledge of GIS software products, spatial databases and relational database management systems (RDBMS).
- Considerable knowledge of industry standards and specifications.
- Considerable knowledge of appropriate rules, regulations and procedures governing GIS.
- Ability to establish and document policies, guidelines, technical information, recommendations and operating procedures.
- Ability to develop detailed project planning documentations.
- Ability to identify, analyze and correct system problems.
- Ability to understand technical manuals, reports and other correspondence.
- Ability to manage and prioritize routine, specialized and complex assignments.
- Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment.
- Skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Skills in troubleshooting software, hardware and other GIS related resources.
- Skills in understanding, working with and training non-technical GIS users.
- Knowledge of computer programming to include development environments such as Visual
- Skills in making effective formal presentations.
- Skills in clear and effective oral and written communication.
- Ability to make budget recommendations.
- Ability to collaborate and work as a member of a cohesive team.
- Bachelor's degree in Geography, Geographic Information Science, Engineering, Planning, Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field required; five years of experience in enterprise GIS mapping and database software; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- Must be a GISP (Certified Geographic Information System Professional) or be able to obtain the GISP Certification within one year of hire date.
- Obtain ITIL Foundation Certification within 1 Year of employment.
- Pass FBI criminal background fingerprint check and comply with CJIS standards.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.