Gulf Interstate Engineering provides quality project management, engineering and design, GIS, materials management, and construction management services to the worldwide oil and gas industry. Specializing in onshore pipelines, gathering systems, production facilities, compressor stations, pump stations, meter stations, storage terminals and loading facilities; Gulf is one of the largest privately-owned pipeline engineering companies in the world.
The GIS Coordinator will be responsible for supervising a GIS team or teams on specific projects.
• Define and schedule work assignments.
• Assist in interviewing and evaluating new GIS applicants.
• Prepare transmittals, drawing indexes and review drawings being issued for a particular milestone.
• Monitor timesheets.
• Supervise GIS project personnel.
• Coordinate squad check reviews between engineering, design, and GIS departments
• Provide guidance and input into GIS department processes and workflows.
• 10 - 15 years of experience in GIS and/or design/drafting.
• Knowledge of GIS systems.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Prior supervisory experience in a GIS and/or design/drafting environment.
• Knowledge of computer systems in an engineering environment.
• Associate degree or certification from a technical trade school or equivalent experience
• BS Degree preferred
• Problem solving
• Detail oriented
• Results oriented
• Customer focused
• Strong interpersonal skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.