This position is responsible for providing GIS support to various teams, which include Land, Drilling and Geology. The GIS Coordinator will be responsible for creating, organizing, updating corporate spatial datasets. In addition the GIS Coordinator will support teams through geospatial analysis and map creation. The GIS Coordinator will plan, direct, coordinate, implement and manage the central GIS. It will be the responsibility of the GIS Coordinator to also maintain and upgrade enterprise GIS software, geodatabases, services and web applications for the organization.
Discovery Natural Resources LLC is a domestic, onshore exploration and production company with operations in Texas. The company employs over 200 people and has over 1,000 wells in operation.
- Create professional maps from preliminary data
- Generation of maps and reports that draw data from proprietary and non-proprietary sources
- Research and interpret source documents such as oil and gas leases, deed records, and survey plats
- Generate high quality oil and gas related maps for print and digital use
- Collection, storage, analysis, and interpretation of geospatial data
- Create, update and manage GIS tables and/or databases (Enterprise Geodatabases, SDE, SQL Server, etc.)
- Determine map content, appearance, and layout for maximum information with high usability
- Provide advanced GIS support to corporate Enterprise GIS
- Integrate and correlate data from all aspects of business and application database(s) in place (SQL Server, Petra, Kingdom, etc.) in GIS
- Define and manage projects to improve corporate-wide GIS support according to business needs
- Meet with end-user departments to understand needs; using input from the users - research, evaluate and implement custom solutions
- Prepare and publish multiple types of ArcGIS Server Services to be consumed via internal web mapping applications
- Assist with the management, administration, support, and monitoring of the Enterprise GIS environment -- Portal for ArcGIS, ArcGIS Server, ArcSDE (SQL), Web AppBuilder, FME Server
- Develop workflows and automate processes using Python, FME, Web AppBuilder, etc. to increase efficiencies and assist customers with automation of tasks
- Maintain geospatial datasets to ensure GIS databases and GIS web applications are up-to-date, and develop new processes and procedures, as necessary
- Provide user support and GIS training for GIS web application web maps
- Coordinate and manage the system hardware and software, developing GIS applications, making presentations, and conducting training sessions for the staff
- Write and maintain internal manuals, training materials, and systems documentation as well as publicly available map resources
- Deliver reports on geographic data, ensuring standardization, and quality control of data across reports
- Develop and maintain software applications and databases for digital mapping and spatial data
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in GIS, Geography, Computer Science, Geoscience or related discipline required
- Minimum of 8 years of experience performing GIS data entry/editing, and figure creation utilizing Esri software
- Oil and gas industry experience required
- Experience in data management and data analysis
- Experience in GIS application management, system architecture, software installation and licensing, as well as support and maintenance of procedures and integrations
Skills & Knowledge
- Advanced skills in GIS analysis, spatial database management and map creation using a variety of data sources and software packages
- Solid understanding of GIS concepts with the ability to present analytical alternatives and develop geospatial solutions
- Knowledge of map coordinate systems, projections, and transformations is required
- Experience using and supporting ESRI ArcGIS Desktop v10.5.1+ (ArcMap, ArcCatalog)
- Enterprise systems implementation using ArcGIS Server v10.5.1+ and Portal
- Experience with integrating ArcGIS to other data management systems, data warehouses and etc.
- Knowledge and experience with ArcGIS ModelBuilder, ArcPy, and Web AppBuilder a plus
- Working knowledge of deploying Portal for ArcGIS, to evaluate best practices for ArcGIS Online and data store backend configuration
- Familiarity with IHS, DrillingInfo, State regulatory sites and other 3rd party data suppliers
- Basic knowledge of Oil and Gas lease and tract data
- Must have the desire to take ownership and responsibility, as well as exhibit effective leadership abilities
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) required
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.