Under general supervision, oversees the timely and efficient administration and statewide management of Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) efforts including applications such as the eTAMIS (Electric Transmission Asset Management & Information System), gTAMIS (Gas Transmission Asset Management & Information System), BC-Lamps (Bright Connections Lighting Assets Management & Positioning System).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilizes GIS and computer assisted drawing (CAD) software to coordinate, develop, convert, process, analyze and output geographic data
- Designs and generates cartographic products, and performs special analysis
- Plans, prioritizes and schedules GIS projects
- Coordinates, programs and supports applications, tools and user interfaces for management of geographic information, data analysis, map production and enhancements to existing applications
- Reviews and corrects programs, trains users and answers user questions
- Provides input to standards, processes and procedures for data management, documentation, GIS analysis and map production
- Responsible for the successful system-wide management and implementation of statewide eTAMIS, gTAMIS and BC-Lamps programs
- Maintains eTAMIS, gTAMIS and BC-Lamps data integrity including synchronization between AM/FM, eTAMIS, gTAMIS and BC-Lamps programs and be able to import and export data from field laptops
- Maintains GPS functionality for eTAMIS, gTAMIS, BC-Lamps programs
- Oversees the operating functionality between eTAMIS, gTAMIS, BC-Lamps, and other PNM applications, such as EROD, BANNER, PASSPORT and AM/FM to insure the sustained maintenance and operation of the pertinent databases
- Trains line department personnel and/or contractor users on eTAMIS, gTAMIS and BC-Lamps programs statewide
- Provides functionality specifications for program modifications
- Creates reporting database and ad hoc reports as requested statewide
- Maintains crew laptops to include GPS units, keyboards, etc.
- Works with IT to solve major hardware and or operating system issues with laptops
- Solicits and evaluates bids, and negotiates contracts for services
- Prepares contract packages including providing assistance with development of scope, specifications and invoicing
- Ensures that all billings are properly handled
- Interfaces and negotiates with various municipal, county, state, and federal departments for access to and sharing of geographical information
- Negotiates and administers contracts with outside contractors
- Assists and oversees the development of incorporation of electric and hard copy data into user specific GIS systems to enhance revenues while increasing efficiency
- Reviews and incorporates data collected in the field for incorporation into GIS systems
- Thorough and in-depth working knowledge of eTAMIS, gTAMIS and BC-Lamps programs
Demonstrated ability to coordinate and/or administer projects/programs that span physical periods from 12 to 24 months
- Thorough knowledge of Company and Public Regulatory Commission rules and regulations as they apply to the area of responsibility
- Ability to synthesize complex or diverse information, collect and research data and design workflows and procedures
- Demonstrated proficiency with ESRI products, in particular ArcSDE, ArcGIS, ArcView, ArcPAD & other ESRI software applications
- Ability to work and negotiate effectively with external agencies
- Understanding and working knowledge of GPS
- Understanding of various GIS platforms
- Understanding of various database designs, functions, and abilities
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in Computer Science, GIS, Geology, Geography, with 1 to 3 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience related to the discipline.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must possess a current, legally valid driver's license and meet the company's driving record requirements.
- May provide direction to the work of personnel assigned to projects/programs administered by incumbent.
- May provide input to performance appraisal of those assigned to projects/programs administered by incumbent, if requested.
- Monitor the activities of ISS personnel performing maintenance and coordination of eTAMIS, gTAMIS and BC-Lamps programs statewide.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Working knowledge of database, spreadsheet, word processing, and inventory software
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of UNIX, DOS and Windows workstations, plotters, digitizing tablets and other peripheral devises as well as AutoCAD, ArcGIS, ArcSDE, ARCPAD and other ESRI software applications
ANALYSIS AND PROBLEM-SOLVING ABILITY:
- Ability to solve complex problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- While performing the duties of this job, ability to frequently to walk up to 1/3 of the time and sit up to 2/3 of the time.
- Manual dexterity required and the ability to talk and listen.
- Vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, and depth perception.
- May be exposed to outside weather conditions and moderate noise.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.