We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans and people with disabilities
are encouraged to apply.
Through its wholly owned subsidiaries, American States Utility Services, Inc. contracts with the federal government to provide water and wastewater services that include operating, maintaining, renewing, replacing, and constructing new systems on military installations throughout the United States. The installations where we presently operate are home to nearly 350,000 military and civilian personnel and families.
We proudly deliver these vital services to military installations in Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Texas (including southeastern New Mexico),Virginia, Florida, and Kansas.
Serving those who serve.
United States Veterans, Reservists, Guardsmen and Military Spouses encouraged to apply
The GIS Coordinator I is charged with developing and maintaining an Installation-specific extension to the established ASUS Enterprise GIS (AEGIS) program that supports all ASUS functions on the Installation including Capital, Construction, Operations, Administration, Environmental, Health, and Safety personnel. The GIS Coordinator I is a highly effective & reliable individual who maintains the geospatial systems of record. The incumbent is responsible for a wide array of technical duties that range from basic data entry to deploying complex solution implementations and other innovative applications of Esri based products while adhering to all corporate wide standards, contractual requirements, and industry best practices.
This role will engage in regular interactions with both a geographically dispersed GIS Team as well as directly with the local Subsidiary Team at the Installation. The employee must have strong organizational and interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all levels of the company’s employees, military base personnel, customers, subcontractors and vendors as well as the ability to adapt to a variety of working environments.
- Effectively maintains, presents, and analyzes spatial data using Esri products.
- Carefully and efficiently supports the GIS-centric “digital twin” of all ASUS owned and maintained utility infrastructure systems while ensuring all physical assets are accurately accounted for and incorporated into the inventory and asset management systems.
- Understands the concepts of traditional versioning, branch versioning, and version control while overseeing version management in a SQL based SDE geodatabase environment.
- Incorporates spatial and non-spatial data from a broad range of sources into Enterprise ArcSDE geodatabases. Sources include but are not limited to: Access databases, Excel spreadsheets, imagery, shapefiles, PDFs, AutoCAD files, and Microstation drawings.
- Reviews site plans, asbuilts, and construction completion documents to ensure accuracy and completeness prior to being entered into the GIS System.
- Documents and meticulously tracks all inventory based changes in GIS for thorough accounting, audit, and contractual redetermination efforts.
- Insures that GIS data is properly formatted for seamless integration into Cityworks.
- Leverages ETL methods to load ASUS databases, schemas, and information into predefined formats (i.e. SDSFIE) in accordance with corporate standards to ensure compliance and reporting deliverable requirements are met on a regular basis.
- Creates highly detailed and complex production grade map products for dissemination to Installation Property Management, Customers, and ASUS Staff that effectively communicate geospatial information as required.
- Creates maps, apps, and publishes a variety of services to ArcGIS Server and ArcGIS Data Store using both ArcGIS Online and Portal for ArcGIS platforms.
- Maintains groups, content, metadata, permissions, sharing, and other relevant objects and information in both ArcGIS Online & Portal for ArcGIS platforms.
- Fulfills internal survey requests using TSI equipment or similar GPS based hardware.
- Field locates underground utility assets using GPS, GPR, and other technologies with the ability to integrate field observations back into the geospatial program.
- Trains staff on data collection using Trimble, Spectra, and other survey grade GPS receivers as well as how to make the most out of the deployed field/mobile applications and desktop solutions such as Survey123 or ArcGIS Dashboards.
- Participates in meetings with various staff, customers, and third party contractors to fully understand expected project outcomes, interactions with the Contracting Officer, and other key players in conducting business over the lifetime of the contract.
- Assists Engineering Department in preparing exhibits and compiling information for capital budgets, system inventories, project status reports and schedules.
- Provides ongoing support to the Engineering Design Center and assists with GIS data conversions for AutoCAD utilization.
- Assists Information Technology with troubleshooting problems associated with existing GIS applications, tools and data.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a Geography, GIS, or IT related field and two (2) years of related work experience is required. Applicant may substitute degree requirements with five (5) years of relevant work experience for a total of seven (7) years of progressive experience in the design and development of geospatial information systems using Esri technology in Local Government and/or Water/Wastewater Utility industry.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and a solid understanding of cartographic principles and map design within a variety of media formats both digital and physical.
- The ability to read engineering plans and interpret aerial imagery.
- The ability to work effectively and efficiently for extended periods of time with little to no guidance or direct supervision.
- Successful candidates must pass background checks which include the National Agency Check (NAC).
- US Citizenship required.
Please apply at: Career Center (taleo.net)
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.