The GIS Coordinator oversees and maintains the firm’s Geographic Information Systems (GIS) planning and implementation processes, coordinates evaluations and work products that utilize GIS, and provides GIS assistance and training to staff.May 18, 2018
West Yost Associates (West Yost) is a consulting engineering firm located in California, with offices in Arizona and Oregon. We pride ourselves on providing a high level of client service focused on water, wastewater, and stormwater projects. Our services include water quality, supply and system distribution studies; groundwater investigations; wastewater collection and drainage system studies; design of water, wastewater treatment/conveyance, and drainage systems; and program/procurement management plus public/private partnerships.
The GIS Coordinator oversees and maintains the firm’s Geographic Information Systems (GIS) planning and implementation processes, coordinates evaluations and work products that utilize GIS, and provides GIS assistance and training to staff. The GIS Coordinator is also responsible for developing, implementing, modifying, and supporting a variety of GIS applications, custom tools, and geodatabases as well as other integrated information systems to meet the business needs of the firm. The GIS Coordinator will be responsible for transitioning the company from ArcGIS for desktop to ArcGIS Pro.
The following are key responsibilities for achieving success in this role:
- Administers, coordinates, and manages GIS use within the company.
- Assists in preparing and managing annual budget and monitoring of expenditures.
- Provides GIS technical assistance to staff. Designs, directs, and manages GIS training and troubleshooting.
- Develop and implement GIS standards, protocols, and conventions.
- Prepare and present clear and well-organized written and oral reports to leadership, staff, and other groups, as required.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with subordinates, peers, superiors, vendor representatives, outside agencies, and clients.
- Maintains GIS hardware and software in coordination with IT support.
- Researches emerging GIS technologies and their application to improve firm services.
- Plan, organize, supervise, review, and evaluate the work of staff in a manner that is conducive to independent judgment, high performance, and personal accountability.
The following qualifications are an important foundation for success in this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in GIS, Geography, Earth Science, Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- Ten (10) years of progressively responsible ArcGIS systems experience.
- Must be proficient in GIS technology planning, design, and implementation.
- Must be proficient in ESRI’s suite of products and services including ArcGIS Pro and Online.
- General knowledge of water/wastewater/storm water utility operational systems.
- Familiarity with design, customization, and implementation of GIS-related apps.
- Experience with Python scripting language is desirable (other coding/scripting experience is favorable).
- Willingness to work with technical and administrative staff on tasks, deliverables, and troubleshooting, as well as develop training materials to help staff learn and improve GIS skills.
- No sponsorship is available for this position. West Yost Associates is an Affirmative Action Participant EOE/M/F/D/V
- Office location: Davis, CA ideal, other locations available.
- Travel between offices required.
- No sponsorship is available for this position.
- West Yost Associates is an Affirmative Action Participant EOE/M/F/D/V.
Please include a cover letter describing your interest in and fit for this specific position.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.