Responsible for a myriad of billing functions and specializes in new account creation and activation, maintaining GIS and billing data and customer records, dispute resolution, account adjustments, payment arrangements, complex billing resolution, with a strong emphasis on utilizing the Geographic Information System (GIS) to provide accurate and timely billing. Resolves customer’s inquiries and provides information and assistance to customers and Meter Operations, and works closely with the Department of Permit Operations to ensure new premises are billed timely and accurately. Maintains impervious area related data in the IADB database and uses GIS/JTX to add or edit such data and then transfer it to the customer billing system to generate customer bills.
· Provides customer service, in person, by phone and electronic communication for multiple account management activities such as account creation, account analysis, customer requests, adjustments, payment arrangements, account changes, billing inquiries, service information and other account management activities.
· Establishes new premises in customer information system including metering setup and billing.
· Responds to customer inquiries related to IAB and new account creation, and communicates IAB related facts and issues to customers, co-workers and other related parties in a clear and concise manner that reflects the Authority’s position.
· Analyzes account records, land records and other data to resolve substantive issues and problems as they related to the determination of Equivalent Residential Unit (ERU) billing, and handles requests for data analysis.
· Processes highly technical data changes in relation to IA, and processes requests in a JTX environment ensuring that quality controls are met for data conversion into the enterprise system.
· Monitors and processes accounts that are held due to impervious related questions and concerns.
· Works closely with the Department of Permit Operations for new account identification and creation, to review building permit lists to determine when properties are being renovated, and are eligible for meter removal.
· Updates data records to reflect results of construction changes, new accounts or adjustments reached by investigation or negotiation. Researches and interprets source documentation, including correspondence, legal documents, construction plans and other technical documents; interacts with the Office of Recorder of Deeds and the Office of Tax and Revenue for resolution.
· Investigates and processes corrections for premises that are in ESRI, but not linked to the Customer Information System.
· Utilizes GIS systems to ensure impervious area charges are applied correctly to customer’s accounts.
· Performs simple to complex GIS functions under minimum supervision to include geographic patterns, recognizing spatial data, examining raster models and structure, managing vector data and exploring rather systems.
· Utilizes database systems such as the Impervious Area Database (IADB) and Automated Meter Reader (AMR) system to conduct research and investigations and provide recommendations. Produce maps, plots and other GIS data as requested.
· Schedules, follows up, tracks and documents IAB and billing related assignments (such as service orders) to ensure timely and proper resolution using tools such as the Customer Information System (CIS) and Maximo (asset management system).
· Participates in mid to high-level meetings with government and other large commercial customers guarding confidentially regarding sensitive information.
· Acts as Authority representative at court proceedings (and/or administrative hearings) with DC Water’s legal representative both with external and internal attorneys providing required documentation to support water and sewer charges.
· Take inbound calls.
· Performs other related duties and projects as assigned at the discretion of the immediate supervisor.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Key Working Relationships: Interacts with co-workers throughout the department and the Authority, other government agencies, private organizations, and with the general public.
The minimum qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability necessary for an individual to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable amounts of training are provided.
· High School diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certificate and five (5) years of progressive experience in a customer service environment with experience in managing data version changes within the GIS application. An Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Geography, Computer Science or related field and three (3) years GIS experience preferred.
· Thorough knowledge and understanding of GIS concepts and principles using the ESRI, ArcGIS suite of products. Must possess strong customer service skills and GIS/mapping systems and have a familiarity with AutoCad databases.
· Skill in entering and manipulating information in GIS systems and creating and modifying data files. Thorough knowledge of terminology related to GIS systems. Skill in reading and interpreting land development records and related documents. Skill in using the GIS system to research property boundaries. Knowledge of geography and street locations within the District of Columbia. Knowledge of the operational requirements of the departments within Customer Care and Operations to effectively perform work assignments, provide accurate information and ensure compliance.
· Ability to read and understand standards, maps and specifications.
· Ability to analyze data and statistics.
· Skill in handling issues and problems associated with new constructions and new accounts.
· Substantive knowledge of analytical and evaluative methods and techniques.
· Must have strong organization skills.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal communication and conflict resolution skills.
· Ability to keep pace with a busy, fast pace daily environment.
· Must possess strong computer skills. Utilizes personal computer and maintains a working knowledge of applicable software programs (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail, etc.).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· General Office conditions.
· May be required to work inclement weather conditions
· Required to have flexible work schedule and availability to work overtime, weekends, and holidays
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.