About Transmission and Distribution
Southern California Edison’s (SCE's) Transmission and Distribution Organizational Unit (T & D) is responsible for planning, engineering, constructing, operating, and maintaining transmission and distribution facilities throughout the 50,000-square-mile territory. T&D is the steward of roughly $19 billion in assets that safely and reliably deliver electricity to 15 million residents via SCE’s 5 million customer accounts.
The GIS Asset Records Specialist is an entry level type position and will be a part of the Geospatial Equipment Data Maintenance (GEDM) group within SCE’s Transmission and Distribution Organizational Unit. GEDM plays a meaningful role in the accuracy of SCE’s asset data and overall safety and reliability of our grid. Our product is used by many groups from planners and inspectors to field personnel. We strive to deliver a high quality product for our customers and partners. You will maintain SCE’s Geospatial Electric Asset Records using AutoCAD Map 3D software by interpreting work order maps and/or other source materials.
- Crafts and edits Geospatial Electric Asset Records/Data.
- Researches various records and utilizes various reference tools and materials to accurately maintain Geospatial Electric Asset Records/Data.
- Collaborates with peers, management, and other internal departments to ensure timely and accurate asset records practices.
- Ensures that the quality and accuracy of geospatial information meets SCE’s accuracy standards, utilizing standardized checklists and work instructions.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- One or more years of experience utilizing Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) software such as AutoCAD or Microstation.
- Experience reading and interpreting any of the following source materials: work order maps, field notes, civil drawings, land descriptions, survey drawings, or other mapping reference materials.
- Experience utilizing Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- Specialized GIS education or certification is a plus.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively complete routine work.
- Ability to follow Edison safety protocols and safe work practices.
- Knowledge of electrical or civil engineering principles, and/or cartography/geodesy/geography.
- Experience gathering, analyzing, and integrating geospatial data from various sources into a
- Geographic Information System (GIS) and/or Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) software.
- Experience with relational database software (e.g., Access, other).
- Experience with writing SQL statements.
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.