The Legislative Technology Services Bureau (LTSB) is a nonpartisan legislative service agency that provides leading-edge information technology services and support to the Wisconsin Legislature. LTSB promotes an innovative and cooperative atmosphere with many opportunities for professional growth.
In addition to a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, LTSB offers a fun work environment and an excellent work/life balance. We are located on the Capitol Square in beautiful downtown Madison, Wisconsin. Our offices are walking distance away from the Monona Terrace, the Dane County Farmer’s Market, and historic State Street.
LTSB is currently accepting applications for a skilled and enthusiastic GIS Analyst/Developer to join our GIS team. Salary is dependent on experience and qualifications.
Position Summary: We are looking for a qualified candidate with the desire and aptitude to develop GIS applications in an enterprise environment. The ideal candidate will have some experience in programming and will have the opportunity to grow those skills by shadowing the GIS Developer.
As a member of the GIS team, you must have a broad understanding of the concepts and techniques involved in performing geographic analysis. It is necessary for the candidate to possess strong customer service skills, a desire to troubleshoot GIS software, and help our customers realize the benefits of GIS in state government. The candidate must also be able to deliver GIS products including maps, data, and reports to customers in a timely manner.
The GIS Analyst/Developer position will be assigned to various project teams and will report primarily to the GIS Manager. This position will interact directly with all of LTSB’s teams, legislators, legislative staff, local officials, state and federal agencies, and the general public.
• Qualified candidates must possess a degree in Geography, Computer Science, or a related field
• 1 - 2 years of experience using GIS software and data (Preferably ESRI products)
• Strong cartographic and GIS analytical skills
• Experience with an object oriented language (.NET preferred, Java)
• Strong interpersonal and public speaking/engagement skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to train others in basic GIS operations
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Ability and willingness to work in a nonpartisan environment
• Experience developing GIS web and desktop applications
• Visual Studio
• SQL Server Management Studio
• ArcGIS Server
• ArcGIS Online
• Adobe Creative Suite
When you apply, please indicate that you are responding to the posting on My GIS Jobs.